Second Skin Audio

My Dumbass Friend

I say it would be much better to build your own since you are already going through a hassle trying to modify a prefab box. give yourself some decent port area, and a nice low tuning, and you are golden my friend.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

only thing I can see what would be wrong about it is, if its a pre -fab box, with the woofers that came in the box, that the tunning is set for a reason, because its optimized for that tunning with that air space, with that woofer...

if its a generic box, and maybe the woofer requirs small ported, low tuned, then why not?

I know I have done it a few times at shops Ive worked at, get yourself a prefab sealed box, a 4" port, cut the hole, wedge the port in place test, and cut port to length as needed to compensate for tuning, start off with a calculated length, with a the lowest possible tuning, and every inch or so you cut, your raising tuning about 1-5hz depending on air space

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The box doesnt have the orig equip in it... It was running 2x JL 12w3... Now it runs 2x Kenwood W3011's Ill get the specs in a few....

Audiobahnaholic, how did you finally get the extra 10.5"? From the center or from the edge? I read the whole thread, and need more answers...

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

Thank You!

POINT AND CASE, Slim!

Ok Mr. 40hz! The way you described to me was as if you were going to just add a small sheet of wood directly into the port, and thats it! Since I haven't actually seen the inside the port I don't know how much room you have to turn it into a L shaped port. Thats why I said that idea wouldn't work! I still think your a Dumbass :D !

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

Man, thats low... lower than 40Hz :D

I mean, there's no real reason why this cant work....

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm