Lets try to clean things up a little bit here chaos

1- correct pc3200 is 400mhz ram, which stock timings are 200mhz per stick.

2- your ram can clock higher then that 200mhz per stick (which dizzle already noticed)

3- swapping out a new mobo and ddr2 ram replacing the old stuff is not the problem.

Now dizzle, your running your ram at a high clock. A big congrats for getting it to prime95 for 10 hours, sometimes that is a job and a half alone.

Your ram is running at 235 a stick, which rusults in ddr 470 vs 400. A big improvement :)

Now here comes the bummer. You might be at the max for your ram. When you overclock your cpu, it will overclock your ram too.

So a couple things Id try doing is

1- lower yours ram divider may allow you to oc the cpu farther.

2- Increase your ram voltage. Im giving my corsair xms pro 2.9volts.

3- Try to loosen your ram timmings a bit, that could be another reason for crashing.

4- Whats your htt set at? You should try to keep your htt between 800-1200 if I remember right. Or its 900-1100. Someplace in there it is.

Congrats again on the prime95 :lol:

I dont have an HTT setting... Also how do you loosen the timings on ram? I am talking, I dont even know what means on on the timings, I know how to physically do it, I just dont know if shit should go up or down. Also I can only up the volts to my DDR by 0.1, 0.2 and that is it... I dont know how you got yours to 2.9, what do they run at stock? Also no idea about the ram divider... and thanks for the congrats, I consider it a step in the right direction...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I dont have an HTT setting... Also how do you loosen the timings on ram? I am talking, I dont even know what means on on the timings, I know how to physically do it, I just dont know if shit should go up or down. Also I can only up the volts to my DDR by 0.1, 0.2 and that is it... I dont know how you got yours to 2.9, what do they run at stock? Also no idea about the ram divider... and thanks for the congrats, I consider it a step in the right direction...

All those settings I said where all in your bios.

Running a dual core Im sure you have ht or htt settings in your bios. You should be able to change it by 1x, 2x,3x,4x,5x and maybe 6x.

1cpu.jpg

Like I said Im pretty sure you want to keep your ht or htt timing between 800 and 1200mhz, cpu-z will show you what you are running at.

Example: If your htt timing is at 1250mhz in cpu-z, you will want to lower it. If its currently set at 5x, lower it too 4x. Once you reboot you will notice a lower mhz number in cpu-z.

Ram timmings are simple. If you look in cpu-z under the SPD tab, you will see more ram info. You will see Stock (factory) speeds and sizes of your ram. towards the bottom of the window you will see a spd timings table. Those are the timmings that the ram should run automaticly. But when you overclock sometimes you are forced to use other ram timings to be stable. Pretty much the lower the number the faster your ram runs, but when overclocked you might now be able to run as fast/low speeds that you want too. When I say loosen up the timings, I mean raise the numbers up.

Again, this is all done in bios.

Id suggust getting a piece of paper and righting down your factory settings in cpu-z. Id also right down the current timings in bios on that same paper before you change any that way you know what you had if different.

When you look under the memory tab of cpu-z you will see the current speeds you are currently running.

2dram.jpg

As for voltages, that should be in your bios too. If you goto your memory companys site, and look you should be able to find out your max voltages.

3jumperfree.jpg

yes, it can.

But if you got a way to check your current temp now and compair it to when over clocked higher, and try doing a lil research you should be able to figure out if you are around normal temps for the overclock that you have.

I think that when I had it at 2.5GHz that is why the test failed, so I lowered the Vcore thinking I didnt need that much juice but right after I started the test it failed, temps went up to 76Cish

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I think that when I had it at 2.5GHz that is why the test failed, so I lowered the Vcore thinking I didnt need that much juice but right after I started the test it failed, temps went up to 76Cish

76 C is approching the danger zone for a porc. Deff invest in a good air cooling or a decent water set up. I only run intel but a buddy of mine has a 3800+ X2 that we got stable at 2.6 24/7 and 2.8 for becnhing. First thing is find out if its your ram holding you back from you over clock by lower its freq as low as you can. If you still have stock air cooling you wont be able to go very far.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

76 C is approching the danger zone for a porc. Deff invest in a good air cooling or a decent water set up. I only run intel but a buddy of mine has a 3800+ X2 that we got stable at 2.6 24/7 and 2.8 for becnhing. First thing is find out if its your ram holding you back from you over clock by lower its freq as low as you can. If you still have stock air cooling you wont be able to go very far.

Yeah, im holding off cause I gotta make payments on my car's new parts and stuff, but im looking at getting a 120mm Zalmann... Thanks for the info

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif