I did sort of the same thing in my car, but with 6 1/2". I just pointed them. The pic explains it better.

http://i916.photobuc...pg?t=1306206986

Sweet man, thats close to what i want , just put the blow through in the middle and add some tweets !! Dam dude you got something serious going on in those doors back there too !! Props on your work !!

rwhops.jpg

Thanks. My first time on those. I found that fiberglass work is very forgiving. If it doesn't work, just redo it! You can sand or cut whole sections, stretch some cloth and you're good. That's why I like this build so much, another first timer.

Google it

Ok guys after a few days of work on other stuff i tried again and again today to make the 8's fit in the rear deck but there just isnt enough room, it sucks that i have spent this much time on this but there was no way of knowing until putting it all into place. Unfortunately with it mocked up, the 8 will only be about 1/4 " away from the back glass. At least without doing major mods to the under windshield are and cutting alot of metal !! Ant that totally wouldnt be worth it for this !! But i think i will use my two pro tweets and take out the two remaining 5x7's and use all three holes in the deck for blow-throughs. at least i will pick up the louder tweets over the 5x7's and get a lot more bass in the cabin from the added air-flow.

IMAG0204.jpgIMAG0205.jpgIMAG0206.jpg

Well i guess i can use these 8's and speaker rings to put in my back door pods !!! LOL

IMAG0207.jpg

rwhops.jpg

Unfortunately these will not fit like this due to being too close to the rear glass, so a friend suggested i just flush mount the 8's and cut a little out of the rear decka nd then build an enclosure for the 8's that could be attached from inside the trunk. Which was a great idea,

here is what i got done today, i went ahead and added chop-mat and fiberglass first and then i will stretch some fleece over it for shape. I did it this way because i need extra strength for adding the enclosures to the back.

IMAG0211.jpgIMAG0212.jpgIMAG0215.jpg

rwhops.jpg

• 6 months later...

Any updates on this thing? I don't think I've posted in awhile but I always try to look back at this build because It's such a clean inspiring build that you've got there. I'd love to see the upgrade to some nice Kicker subs and sort of tie them in with your mids.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

• 7 months later...

Anyone else out there waiting on some updates for this build?

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Archived