Second Skin Audio

5 10's in a trunk >:]

SOME SUBS DONT LIKE 12-16sq in of PORT!!! Just because Fi recommends it for there subs doesnt mean its universal for everything!!!

You are correct my friend!!!

I´m a fan of trial and error myself, just for example, i was using 17 SQ per cubic feet with my DD 1510´s and sounded awesome, amazing output, yes the Xmax it´s high so i used a big ass port, then, MTX gave me some nice 7500´s , built a box for them with a smaller port area because of the Xmax wich was way smaller, sounded nice and scored a 146.5 dbs, then, i got them to the DD´s box with that huge port and scored a 148.1 dbs , according to people´s experience, myself, calculators and everything they should have sounded better on the smaller port box, but it wasn´t.

My point is, and i might be wrong, but port area also depends on box size and car, my little suzuki swift HATES big areoports as much as it hates big subs, once again, i might be wrong, but after testing tons of boxes and subs in a few years, i prefer to play with port areas until i get the best one instead of using some calculator , but that´s just me...

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I sized it down to 4 10's. That calc still says I need 120sq inches of port. That means I'd need nearly 37 sq inches / sub. that seems like major overkill?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.