Wanting air for the civic, help.

I have yet to dive into air struts and the like but am interested. Basically I'm looking for the top companies to use and a list of everything I would need if I can get some help. Also, how much better do they ride over a nice lowered suspension? I know bags are smoother, but how so the struts compare? Thanks :)

I have yet to dive into air struts and the like but am interested. Basically I'm looking for the top companies to use and a list of everything I would need if I can get some help. Also, how much better do they ride over a nice lowered suspension? I know bags are smoother, but how so the struts compare? Thanks :)

Brands are going to be personal preference. As far as how does it ride? well that depends. if you spend $2000 on your lowered suspension it will ride great. same with air, If its done right it will be a nicer ride than lowered. As far as struts, struts can ride better than bags if done correctly. The problem with struts is the pivot movement you get with stock struts is taken away when you mount the brackets used with struts. your control arms pivot from the inside of the vehicle, meaning the distance from the outer area of the control arm and the inner are going to be different. If the strut is mounted solid to either control are (how most people do it) than your strut only moves up and down, which doesnt allow your suspension to move freely. Which makes it ride stiff and tend to use a lot of psi to get it off the ground. Basically what im getting at is if you buy stock brackets its going to ride pretty stiff, if you can have someone in your area fab up some custom brackets you'll be a lot better off. Also with cylinders think more air less pressure. there is no need to run 200-250psi in your ride. try using a larger tank, and keeping it around 130-150.

I've rambled enough, as far as answering you basic question, hit up

suicidedoors.com

Airbagit.com

Fbirides.com

Those are some good places to get started on building your air suspension. :drink40:

Edited by superdave07

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com