Sonic Electronix

Right now my set up is 2 kenwood subwoofers powered with a kenwood 8104d mono class d amp. And the stock speaker system.

What I want to do is upgrade my stock speaker system with 2 ORION CO650 in the front and 2 ORION CO690 for the rear deck.

I have a couple questions.

- I think, but im not sure, that my car has stock component speakers already installed because there are tweeters mounted on the door. Can i just replace the woofer in the door with the new orion's in the front or am i gonna have to get a new component system for the front ?

- If im gonna get new speakers can the stock car amp power the new ones or am i gonna have to buy a new 4 channel amp to power the speakers inside ?

- If i need to buy a new am should I buy a 5 cahnnel amp or just but a 4 channel and keep the kenwood for the subs ?

thanks for all the help in advance.

i have a set of orion cobalt series components 50 WRMS at 4 ohms i will be runnign a second set to run on my rockford p400-1 since each channel can support 100WRMS at 2ohms and so far i love them i need to work on the doors because the bass is lacking but overall i have thrown alot at them with no problems

idk i almost used a 5 channel amp ( got car broken into the day i bought it ... all mounted never wired up) never used em but i would say depends on what you want to run on the mono ... usually 5 channels dont have a very high 5th channel wattage for beefy subs just giving my .02 of what i have seen i am not at all an expert tho

i like my orions, liked my subs too, not the best, but they get pretty loud on a amp

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog