chapo123 Posted November 9, 2010 Author Report Posted November 9, 2010 Umm on an active crossover, the low pass high pass and full button on almost every amplifier, you would wire lets say a 4 inch full range speaker and a tweeter with a passive crossover (that little cylindrical thing on the tweeter most of the time) then the full range 4 inch would play all frequencies and the tweeter will only play the frequencies that its crossover lets it. Tweeters do not add vocal, they add much higher frequencies like for cymbals and the stuff that literally hurts your ears. so uh what exactly does add crisp vocals? Quote Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
EclipseChris Posted November 9, 2010 Report Posted November 9, 2010 so uh what exactly does add crisp vocals? Mid range drivers, basically upgrading those stock speakers that you don't want to change up. Quote i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
chapo123 Posted November 9, 2010 Author Report Posted November 9, 2010 Hifonics 55.4. Im running 2 5 1/4 in the door, 2 6x9 in back, and they keep up with my sub just fine. dang really? those are cheapt oo Quote Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
chapo123 Posted November 9, 2010 Author Report Posted November 9, 2010 (edited) Mid range drivers, basically upgrading those stock speakers that you don't want to change up. damnit so what kinda door speakers wouuld you reccomend? componets or coaxils/ if i even spelled those right i thoughts mids just made mid bass.. didnt know they added vocals.. man i fail. i thouhgt it went like this lows-subs mids-mid drivers, just mid bass highs-tweets Edited November 9, 2010 by chapo123 Quote Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
EclipseChris Posted November 9, 2010 Report Posted November 9, 2010 I like components personally, because i don't like the tweeters on cocksicles i mean coaxials. Quote i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
EclipseChris Posted November 9, 2010 Report Posted November 9, 2010 damnit so what kinda door speakers wouuld you reccomend? componets or coaxils/ if i even spelled those right i thoughts mids just made mid bass.. didnt know they added vocals.. man i fail. i thouhgt it went like this lows-subs mids-mid drivers, just mid bass highs-tweets Goes like this Lows 20-80 hz Subwoofer midbass 80-180 hz Midbass driver/midwoofer midrange 180-something (don't know so i'm not going to make something up) Midrange driver highs don't knot to don't know (sorry) tweeters. And full range speakers are what most cars come stock with all aroung and tend to play 80-high hz well. Quote i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.