Sonic Electronix

Check this out. I have been out of the loop with systems for a bit now.... Sold off my ricer after getting tired of every honda reving thier engine wanting to race and bored and starting to get back into the stereos. I am trying to understand some of this and just amazed with what has evoled over about 8 years or more! I am looking for great sound and not just the DB aspect of it anymore. Also trying to learn about what will and won't be apropreate. my questions are due to my disability and richness of pocket lint!

1: sound dampening material. what is a good way to go for the price? I have looked into this and seems to be out of reach for what I am looking to spend.

2: type of box. Since last i seen boxes they have changed as well.... not that much but have seen different materials used. I would like to use some plexiglass myself and wondering what thinkness is needed.

3: how to run multi amps 1 bass knob.

Now I am far from stupid of this material but not so smart either. I am learning all this on a wing and looking at Meade's work and amazed with all this!!! What I am working with in the car for your idea so I don't leave you in the cold is:

Alpine iDa-X200

Alpine Type R SPR-17s in front doors

Alpine Type R SPR-17c in rear deck

Alpine Type R 1242 Sub

JL Audio 500/1 slash series

JL Audio 300/4 Slash Series

Monster Cable 402 XLN Xtreme for Sub

Monster Cable 404 XLN Xtreme for 4 channel

4 gauge power wire(donated from friend) love that

same for ground.

Thank you for your help and all info....

check out Fatmat sound deadener on ebay.. its pretty dirt cheap, and good stuff... Ive never heard of a bad review about fatmat... i use it myself..... a lot of guys around here use Secondskin but its a bit more expensive

multiple amps on single bass knob... humm in your case i would probably say some sort of sound processor with a gain knob would be a good idea... in this case since you want some quality, you can tune things to your liking with it...

the enclosure choice would be decided up to your likings in music and how you want the bass to sound... i myself prefer a properly designed and built slot vented enclosure... but if your into sq or like the punchy bass vs. ground pounding then a simple sealed box may be right for you

where do you plan on going with this system in the future?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

thats weird <_<

whuddyamean?

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Check this out. I have been out of the loop with systems for a bit now.... Sold off my ricer after getting tired of every honda reving thier engine wanting to race and bored and starting to get back into the stereos. I am trying to understand some of this and just amazed with what has evoled over about 8 years or more! I am looking for great sound and not just the DB aspect of it anymore. Also trying to learn about what will and won't be apropreate. my questions are due to my disability and richness of pocket lint!

1: sound dampening material. what is a good way to go for the price? I have looked into this and seems to be out of reach for what I am looking to spend.

2: type of box. Since last i seen boxes they have changed as well.... not that much but have seen different materials used. I would like to use some plexiglass myself and wondering what thinkness is needed.

3: how to run multi amps 1 bass knob.

Now I am far from stupid of this material but not so smart either. I am learning all this on a wing and looking at Meade's work and amazed with all this!!! What I am working with in the car for your idea so I don't leave you in the cold is:

Alpine iDa-X200

Alpine Type R SPR-17s in front doors

Alpine Type R SPR-17c in rear deck

Alpine Type R 1242 Sub

JL Audio 500/1 slash series

JL Audio 300/4 Slash Series

Monster Cable 402 XLN Xtreme for Sub

Monster Cable 404 XLN Xtreme for 4 channel

4 gauge power wire(donated from friend) love that

same for ground.

Thank you for your help and all info....

There isn't really a cheap way to do deadening if you want to do it right.

Plexi is damn expensive, you'd probably want to have 1" thick plexi if that's what you are doing though.

Depends on the amp, if you have a master/slave setup you can easily, if not you need to get something that goes inline with the RCAs or a 360.2 or some kind of processor.

I'd go for thicker wire then use a distribution block to split it into the biggest size that will fit your amp.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Plexi is damn expensive, you'd probably want to have 1" thick plexi if that's what you are doing though.

Depends on the amp, if you have a master/slave setup you can easily, if not you need to get something that goes inline with the RCAs or a 360.2 or some kind of processor.

I'd go for thicker wire then use a distribution block to split it into the biggest size that will fit your amp.

i second this... never skimp on your wiring... 1/0 wire and an extra battery in the back will go a long way

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I have 3 more 500/1 JL Audio amps looking to get 3 more Type R 1242 subs and a friend said he had a 300/4 amp but think a channel was bad that he would give me.... I am wanting to hook it all up..... the plexiglass would only be for a piece of the enclosure. just enough to show off the inside some. a friend of my said he would spray the inside with that rhino stuff for free. I have contacted a few places for a 220amp alternator for price comparison.... plan to upgrade that to. i love bass but i love to hear the music too!!! would sealed be best? I have the 1 12 right now in a 33hz tune ported enclosure.

I have 3 more 500/1 JL Audio amps looking to get 3 more Type R 1242 subs and a friend said he had a 300/4 amp but think a channel was bad that he would give me.... I am wanting to hook it all up..... the plexiglass would only be for a piece of the enclosure. just enough to show off the inside some. a friend of my said he would spray the inside with that rhino stuff for free. I have contacted a few places for a 220amp alternator for price comparison.... plan to upgrade that to. i love bass but i love to hear the music too!!! would sealed be best? I have the 1 12 right now in a 33hz tune ported enclosure.

Even more reason to run thicker wire.

It is still expensive, but shouldn't be too bad if it is only for one side.

And, yeah, go ported, you'll get the best from your subs.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

will doing them all ported make it ridiculous on bass??? not looking to over power the mids and highs i do like to listen to the lyrics too. I like listening to all music and the occassional kiddies songs when they ride with me.

will doing them all ported make it ridiculous on bass??? not looking to over power the mids and highs i do like to listen to the lyrics too. I like listening to all music and the occassional kiddies songs when they ride with me.

^ :blink:

That did not come out right.

lol, jk jk.

What do you consider ridiculous bass? I don't think you will overpower your mid/highs with one 12", especially since you are upgrading them. You can always turn the bass down if it is too much, so having a box that makes the most of it is good.

Edited by bassl0va

i do plan on using the 3 extra jl audio 500/1 amps and looking to getting 3 more type r 12's. with the kiddies i ment my childrens. right now the bass is amazingly loud! i was quite shocked for that my last system was years ago and was 3 bostwich hd 8;s with a jl 250/1 amp! with upgrading the wirings i was going to source a 1/0 wire hoping from the misses or a friend.....