Second Skin Audio

ported clamshell help/build

irpirate

Is the beginning of the port big enough to install subwoofers onthe top/bottom. I guess you could use a 90 degree drill though. Hope this works out for you though

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Is the beginning of the port big enough to install subwoofers onthe top/bottom. I guess you could use a 90 degree drill though. Hope this works out for you though

the beginning is. back of the middle and near the end isn't though. i had to use a 90 degree drill to get them in. it looks like its gonna be a while before i can get stuff done. friend with garage is busy with school, same with me. plus my family is coming from china soon for my graduation. also gotta figure out why my 270xp isn't doing as well as everyone else's. looking at late dec/early jan before i can really get some things done. once i get started though things should go pretty fast. its really frustrating.. wanna work on it/figure things out but can't.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

tried taking out the port extensions today and those things are not going anywhere. unscrewed the sides, crawled into the box and hammered on them for 5-10 minutes each, didn't budge at all. don't think they're gonna come out unless i pull a side off the box. looking like its new box time. its hard to get anything done that far back into the box with the opening being only 7 inches wide. anyone wanna help verify the 4th order design? plz?

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

i havnt done as much research as it seems you have on clams but it seems to me like the gaps around the box could be causing your cancellation issues, when i had my wall in without the side panels alot of air went behind the box and it sounded much different than after i put in the side panels

in your case the box is a lot deeper than mine (mine is at the c pillar not near the b pillar) so it might be even worse, do you get much tailgate flex/air going beind the box?

before you go ripping it all apart id try just amking some panels to go around the wall and see if they make a difference (doesnt have to be super awesome full fiberlglass sealing or anything just some flat panels will do for now...

heres the panels i used on mine:

2010-07-17193900.jpg

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

i dont get much flex in the back compared to the 4 l7s. i do get a ridiculous amount on the roof of the car though. ill make some panels and get them in there when i have the chance. dont know how well im going to be able to get it sealed up but ill give it a try. any recommendations for a temporary seal that wont eff up my car? duct tape? electrical tape? ive never done this before.

also about not being able to take the port extensions out, the screws are out but the glue is holding it in there pretty well. i was hoping with enough shaking/pressure it might rattle it loose. think i'll probably put the screws back in tomorrow and then give the panels a shot.

*edit - shitty grammar.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

yeah just make the panels as tight as you can then seal with ducttape or if you can find it some aluminium insulation tape, its shiny chromey colour with a backing paper and is usually used to stick bits of insulation together in ceilings and some industrial air con ducts and stuff, i got mine at the local hardware store but im not sure where you can get it over there

its super sticky (hence the backing paper) and much stronger than regular ducttape

Australia-03-june.gif

hmm, maybe a layer of masking tape on first if its super sticky. id rather not screw my car up too bad right away. reason i say this was i saw someone who had used sound deadening to seal a wall and there was shit all over the car that wouldn't come off when he took it off. i'll probably run over to the lowes/home depot soon and see if they have any of this stuff. i'm sure they have a lot of insulation for various applications. thanks for the suggestion :)

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

oh its not a horrible sticky mess like sound deadening is, its just like a stronger version of ducttape that wont come unstuck or sag after time/with the bass, if you put masking tape on first it kinda defeats the purpose of having the stronger tape on there...

Australia-03-june.gif

Good point lol. No masking tape then.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

i had some in my car sealing the bottom of the wall the the metal floor where therew were some small gaps, its peeled off fine when i took the wall out for a rebuild, not sure how it would go on cloth surfaces but it should be fine and a lot better than duct tape :)

Australia-03-june.gif

Archived