I'm getting an HID kit off of ddmtuning very soon, and I'm a little lost when it comes to this. What EXACTLY will I need in order to put HID's on my 02 VW GTI? I've already decided on 55W 5000k HID's from ddmtuning. My question is should I get the DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast or the Apexcone Raptor HID Kit and also accessories what would I need to buy (harness, ballast, etc.)

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

I'm getting an HID kit off of ddmtuning very soon, and I'm a little lost when it comes to this. What EXACTLY will I need in order to put HID's on my 02 VW GTI? I've already decided on 55W 5000k HID's from ddmtuning. My question is should I get the DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast or the Apexcone Raptor HID Kit and also accessories what would I need to buy (harness, ballast, etc.)

if you buy the kit, it comes with 2 bulbs and 2 ballast. since your running the 55w bulbs i think you should get the wiring harness. and the only difference in the two ballast is the size and price. slim is smaller, but more expensive. normal is bigger but cheaper. both work the same.

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

if you buy the kit, it comes with 2 bulbs and 2 ballast. since your running the 55w bulbs i think you should get the wiring harness. and the only difference in the two ballast is the size and price. slim is smaller, but more expensive. normal is bigger but cheaper. both work the same.

lol pretty much this. kit comes with everything you need. with the 55w's i also recommend you get the separate wiring harness (its $12.50) so you dont melt the crap out of your existing wires, trying to pull too much current through them.

also the slim ballasts are the digital ones, and the bigger are analogue. if i remember correctly, the digital turn on a little faster and are much more less prone to radio interference, although the chance of radio interference with analogue ballasts is still very rare.

Get the DDM not the Apexcone. Had a few problems with the Apexcone, have had 0 with the DDM.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Get the DDM not the Apexcone. Had a few problems with the Apexcone, have had 0 with the DDM.

Lol, it's a little late now. I got the Apexcone 55w 4500k kit. Hope it works out for me (:

Next step is aftermarket headlights that look sick, then window tinting, then rims for x-mas :D :D

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

i know of 4 different apexcone ballasts kits that are being used (2 in family and 2 friends) and there are absolutely no problems.