Soundstream S10 XTREME 40k+watts

Ok for the announcement. I'm sad to say this won't be going to SBN 2011. I decided it won't be there for a few reasons, First off, I've been heavily delayed by backordered parts and (dozens and dozens) of things still need to be ordered. A couple weeks ago I came to the conclusion it wouldn't be fully complete, but I figured I could still take it down there with the wall in and the doors working and it would still be a good time. Then I just got word of the floor plans and terms for the show... no demoing at all.. which was the only thing I was going to be there for so...I'll be down in Daytona but without The Hybrid.

Also my subs aren't going to be here for another 3 weeks :( leaving me only 2 weeks to build a wall and fool around with it. To me, thats just way to short of time. With as much time as I'm putting into the car, I want it to be the best possible, and without the proper testing and building, it could sum up to be a total waste. SO as I'm looking at it, it's debut will be at Slamology 2011. I know its pretty boring to watch this build right now, it has nothing to do was car audio, but all the work being done right now is work that really can't be done if a system has already been put it (except for the engine work). I'm actually pissed off at myself because I know I sound like a broken record saying this is finally going to be done, but I look at it this way, I would rather do it right than rush and cut some corners all just for a SINGLE show. I do though have a couple things lined up which are much more important.. SEMA.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Crazy man, hopefully you have it done before the 4th of July ;)
whats 4th of july? custom car show here in michigan??
Actually I have no idea what he was gettting at with that? He might just be bustin my **** because this project is taking longer than expected.

Oh ok....

Ok for the announcement. I'm sad to say this won't be going to SBN 2011. I decided it won't be there for a few reasons, First off, I've been heavily delayed by backordered parts and (dozens and dozens) of things still need to be ordered. A couple weeks ago I came to the conclusion it wouldn't be fully complete, but I figured I could still take it down there with the wall in and the doors working and it would still be a good time. Then I just got word of the floor plans and terms for the show... no demoing at all.. which was the only thing I was going to be there for so...I'll be down in Daytona but without The Hybrid. Also my subs aren't going to be here for another 3 weeks :( leaving me only 2 weeks to build a wall and fool around with it. To me, thats just way to short of time. With as much time as I'm putting into the car, I want it to be the best possible, and without the proper testing and building, it could sum up to be a total waste. SO as I'm looking at it, it's debut will be at Slamology 2011. I know its pretty boring to watch this build right now, it has nothing to do was car audio, but all the work being done right now is work that really can't be done if a system has already been put it (except for the engine work). I'm actually pissed off at myself because I know I sound like a broken record saying this is finally going to be done, but I look at it this way, I would rather do it right than rush and cut some corners all just for a SINGLE show. I do though have a couple things lined up which are much more important.. SEMA.

any car shows in michigan or any where near detroit... I know bout daytona & SEMA but never heard of Slamology but google is my friend. I wanna get to meet & see the systems of people from my state before i drive all over,,,

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Mate this build is far from boring :) its nice to have something not 100% car audio for a change because we all know it'll be worth the wait

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Just got my order of paint today, went way overbudget, but it's totally worth it, I never want to have to do this again, and POR-15 can actually guarantee that.

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

I'll get into a little more detail in my next post on exactly how to paint with this stuff if you don't already know

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Here's the prep process of what needs to be done before something is painted. It can be VERY time consuming :shrug: but patience is key and in the end totally pays off.

Step 1.

Get your part!

IMG_1263.jpg

Step 2.

Strip the old paint. For paint stripping, I used POR-15's POR strip. It works very well, but still it's time consuming.

IMG_1269.jpg

Step 3.

Degrease the part with POR-15's Marine Clean. DON'T use any other degreaser! Other solvents can leave an invisible coating which may cause problems with the paint sticking correctly. But honestly, Marine Clean is the best degreaser I've ever used so I defintely recommend it even if it's not for paint prep.

IMG_1270.jpg

Step. 4

Apply Metal-Ready primer. If painting clean metal you need to apply this. READ Directions! After the part has been rinsed, it will have a grimy goldish hue. This is the best surface for POR-15 to be painted on.

IMG_1271.jpg

Before the part is rinsed

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

After rinsing

IMG_1275.jpg

What the metal looks like now

IMG_1278.jpg

Step 5.

Paint

Haven't gotten to painting yet, but I'll post it up when it's done

Now I didn't go into the process very thoroughly, but I'll make a real in depth write up once I have a very more parts done to show the full process.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Archived