I got my new HID's a week or 2 ago and I've been realizing that my driver side headlight is brighter than my passenger headlight. I looked at them during the day and it turns out my driver side headlamp is brand new and my passenger side one is the original. So I was thinking of using Meguiars One Step Headlight Restoration Kit. It comes with Plast-X Polish and a pad for your screw gun. Has anyone used this and does anyone else have any other suggestions on what I should use or try?

Edited by Big_Mike

I got my new HID's a week or 2 ago and I've been realizing that my driver side headlight is brighter than my passenger headlight. I looked at them during the day and it turns out my driver side headlamp is brand new and my passenger side one is the original. So I was thinking of using Meguiars One Step Headlight Restoration Kit. It comes with Plast-X Polish and a pad for your screw gun. Has anyone used this and does anyone else have any other suggestions on what I should use or try?

Have not used that brand but i have used 3M which did a great job when i used it on my moms car.

• 2 weeks later...

3m works really well, or you can make your own restoration kit.

here's a couple examples of the latter:

http://www.gpona.com/forums/do-it-yourself-f12/hardcore-headlight-restoration-t18468.html

http://www.w-body.com/content.php/174-30-Second-post-Fix-your-GP-headlights

Let me know if you can't see one of the links.

Too many projects, too little time...

Off topic: so HID's are just bulbs you switch out like LED bulbs for the brake lights and interior? How much do they run usually?

On topic: How much is a new headlight? I think the last time I got one was for my 89 s-15 and it was $8 and was super clear and clean.

Might want to just get a new one and polish it when you notice it start to get dirty (or once a week/month)

I had some of that stuff (don't know the name but it was orange colored with a white flip open top)

It hurt my hand because I was rubbing it so long, but I never thought of using a drill bit + pad to make it go faster.

Try that first, then if it doesn't work, just get a new head light if they are cheap enough.

i suck men dry...email me for details