Sonic Electronix

Hey guys I've found Steve on YouTube around 6 months ago and since then has inspired me to explore car audio. I've started getting more into it since I just got my licence. I've fortunate enough to get a 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE from a family friend who just purchased a car and was generous to let me have their old Maxima for my birthday. It may not be top of the line but I like it. It's actually funny I had it for about a month and then the alternator,radiator,and power steering pressure hose went bad. But now they have been replaced along with the starter. Anyway back to some BASS. Right now I still have the stock Bose speakers along with my aftermarket Sony CDX-GT640UI head unit. I love the head unit and can't understand why people talk so bad about Sony. The way I look at it, Steve used to use Sony, so Sony is good haha. The Bose speakers in my opinion sound great and I'm shocked how hard the stock sub hits. I think it's an 8" but I'm not positive and it also has it's stock amp next to it. Alright so here's where I need your help, I want to start off with 2 12" Alpine SWR-1223D - 2ohm which I'll be getting for Christmas. I actually chose these after seeing my friends setup ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Ovh7NvLu4 if you want to check it out, or I'll leave what he has at the bottom). Here are a few questions I have:

1) What type of amp should I get? I know what I'm about to say is going to cause alot of negative comments, but since its my first system I want to spend max $300 (I've listed a possible one in question 4) on an amp for right now. As I get more experienced and interested I'll upgrade.

2) A question that's probably asked a million times but, Is it worth getting a capacitor. If so how many farads? Remember I have a stock alternator which is giving about 110amps and I have a stock battery(There might be a chance of me getting a yellow top)

3) Will what I have (alternator, battery) provide enough for the subs?

4) I have done some research already and have gotten a few suggestions. I've been suggested to get a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D, and that my alternator and battery should be fine. However they did suggest a "BIG 3" upgrade. What do you think about these suggestions?

Also, if you have any suggestions or have questions please feel free to leave them! And remember guys this is my first system so please no negative comments if possible.

I would like to thank Steve for being such a great inspiration!

Thanks again!

My specs again:

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE

110amp Alternator

Normal Battery

Sony CDX-GT640UI

Stock Bose Speakers

What my friend has if interested(aka one of my influences):

Alpine IDA-X305s

Alpine mrp 2000 watt amp

2 Alpine type r 12

Q-Logic ported box

Optima Yellow-Top

Edited by ChrisGLE

Check out my first ever aftermarket purchase!

:)

They are reliable, just don't fall for the 2 channel 1500. Get the monoblock.

I believe I found a monoblock and is the same model(1500w) as the guy posted previously what you think?

Audiopipe AP15001D 1500W Mono D Amplifier

RMS Power:

600 x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohm

950 x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohm

1500 x 1 RMS @ 1 Ohm

In Line Fuse Included

1 Ohm load stable

Built In Variable 12 dB/ Octave Crossover

Bass Boost 0-12dB

MOSFET Power Supply 3 Way Protection

Overload protection

Overheat protection

Variable low pass electronic crossover

Variable subsonic filter.

Built-in variable phase shift.

Distortions: <0.2% thd

Signal to noise ratio: 70db

Input level: 0.2-5v

Bass boost frequency: 30-80hz

Low pass filter: 40-180hz

Subsonic filter: 5-50hz

Frequency response: 8-180hz

on the alpines though don't get dual 2's... get dual 4's so you can wire it to 1 ohm. also i'd upgrade your battery to something bigger maybe a yellow top. also DO the big 3.. its cheap quick and effective.

Just a quick question, How big of a difference will using either the 2ohm or 4ohm be? It's only a $1.00 difference where I'm getting them. :)

Just a quick question, How big of a difference will using either the 2ohm or 4ohm be? It's only a $1.00 difference where I'm getting them. :)

um... not really a difference except just the coil config.. if you plan on running an amp that puts out power at 1 ohm and is 1 ohm stable.. you'll want 2 dual 4 ohm subs... so you can wire them to 1 ohm...

NOW !!!

if you wanna get an amp that does the same amount of power at 2 ohm.. you'll want dual 2.. so you can wire them to dual 2... generally amps that are not 1 ohm stable but 2 ohm stable.. IMO i think there more expensive but easier on the electrical on you car.. but are kinda rare.