Damn, that looks loud. :D But, one thing....SINGLE BAFFLE?????

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...)

FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice...

SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap

SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....)

I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.

Lovin this build simply because I have a 95 SC1 lol. It's my beater though and I use it for work so I don't see any walls in the future for that car.

We first discussed walling it, then were like eh' i dont wanna put in the work lol so we tried comming up with a way to build a box for 4 12's in the trunk but just wouldnt have the space idt with out putting the back seats permantly down so we said eh' Why Not just Wall it bit the bullet and i'm glad we did! Was a fun frustrating build seemed like we had to go to lowes 10 times cuase we would forget something or loose it in the dark sense it was always dark when we actually worked on it i think it was 11PM when we realized we had to take the drivers seat out to get the box in sense we built it out of the car due to the fiberglassing but regardless my car still smelled for 2 weeks :(

2001 Saturn SC2

4 Sundown SA 12's

2 Power Aucustik 2600BAMFs

Jensen vm9313

Damn, that looks loud. :D But, one thing....SINGLE BAFFLE?????

Yeah Its quite loud, looking to go across town some time to meet up with a friend of bretts who has TL, And the Single baffle :( i know it was orginally for 4 alpine type r's so we didnt think i would need it but with the SA12's in it we were talking we might work on re building it with a double baffle and leave like a inch over hang to allow for trim flush mounting of the trim pannels. Just a thought though.. I knew i would need a double baffle when i told DJ that i had only 4 screws holding my alpines in cuase i knew they were comming out soon if i can find someone to buy them :( and he told me dont put 4 in these lol i would have a bad day :(

2001 Saturn SC2

4 Sundown SA 12's

Jensen vm9313

Going to lowes to buy some more wood to take care of the trim panels tomorrow hopefully and with whats left i'm thinking of Sealing off the trunk from the cabin taking the two amps off the extension of the wall enclosure and then i'de like to build a false floor in the trunk and sink the amps. I have a few questions if anyone would like to give any opinions.

The motor in my car was recently replaced before i bought it and i have the other motor, the stock alt is 90amps, would it be adventitious to try to come up with a mounting system to mount the old 90amp alt in conjunction with my stock 90amp ? or would i get much of an improvement.

Also sealing the trunk off from the front of the car at the trunk side at the back of the box would it have any additional benefits? other then appearance wise for the trunk set up for the amps?

Good news new radiator going in soon.. so i'll have better access to my alternator which is on the underside of the motor so i can finish my big 3 finally !

Any help would be appreciated, More pictures coming soon!

Thanks!

2001 Saturn SC2

4 Sundown SA 12's

Jensen vm9313

• 2 weeks later...

New Video

Updated Video:

And update about the Trunk install:

Found out that it would be adventuresome when designing and working on a removable false floor to add the legs/supports to the underside of the false floor prior to cutting the large holes for both of my amplifiers as seeming to do it after causes the 3/4 mdf to become weak in the middle and snap in half..

2hrs of measuring cutting and more cutting in the cold gone in 3 seconds of screwing on the first leg :noob:

Enjoy the video more comming soon as we found out i had an RCA connection issue causing the gains to jump on my second amp pushing 2 of the SA12's about 300W more then the other two which is why the video is a little chopped up to hide the discovery footage :ehh::trippy:

Problems fixed with a new set of split end RCA's and re gain matching the amps.

Re doing the interior of the car currently, then painting my box hopefully.. ill get the trunk project started once its not so cold outside ! which will hopefully be around tax time which means New Alt, maybe a D1200 in the trunk and a Sun Down 3500 :woot::clapping:

2001 Saturn SC2

4 Sundown SA 12's

Jensen vm9313

Fixt, lets get this bitch sealed off before 2011 :popcorn:

come help me this weekend or one day this week when ever your off and we can.. i just dont see how getting those trim panels is going to work... i wish we could do a double baffel but i dont see it happening with out destroying the box do to the glue and fiberglass on the inside :( stop chasing the women and make time for me !

2001 Saturn SC2

4 Sundown SA 12's

Jensen vm9313

Archived