baffle vs box

MACnonsence6

looking at the rear deck in my neon the 6x9s are open so there basicly free air i was thinking of getting baffles for them or glueing or getting longer screws and putting a box behind them? any thoughts?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

the box or the baffles with the baffles i see a problem wiring the speakers while still keeping the baffle air tight but as with a box id have a terminal

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Making boxes for the speakers will have a big impact on how the bass sounds, if they are too small it won't have enough bass. You can buy foam speakers baffles that the 6x9's sit in but will reduce the output significantly, i used some with a 1.5" hole cut in it to allow air in and out or they will look like someones lung when the speakers move. I used the baffles to reduce the air pressure of the subs on mine and used the built in crossover on my h/u to cut-off everything below 60hz so i wasn't losing to much by them being in a baffle with the sub going.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

so for better bass output i should make a box a sealed box should have much tighter sound as well/ ive heard about baffles sucking in and expanding with a speaker.

Archived