Sonic Electronix

My friend has a blown ZX750.1 he is willing to sell me for $eighty it retails for $350 on ebay... what im wondering is how much would it cost to fix it and would it be worth it? I'm not going to use it I was planning on buying it getting it fixed and reselling to my friend for $300.

I took this on my phone so it sucks but it looks like 2 little transistors or something blew in the middle of the board.

2010112295163601.jpg

could anyone identify what this is and how much it'd cost DB-R or someone to fix it like new?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

pic is too small

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You guys cant just save the picture and zoom in? this is the best I got... and as close as I could get with this shit phone.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

you think it would still be a clear pic after we zoom in? no, it'll be all grainy and shit. wont be able to see anything. if you want help on an amp we need high quality pics so we can make out the parts on the amp and look at the damage. a cell phone pic wont do it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

No Duh... this IS the best I can do though, you think I have a $400 camera around to take pictures of blown boards? I'll see what I can do I just figured someone who knew what they were looking at could identify the price of repair. The ZX750 is a common board, I figure people would know.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

you dont need a $400 camera. just a real camera. most people have one for taking regular pics and they can be adapted to take pics of a blown board pretty easily.

when a component on a board goes out it isnt always just that component. its not always a simple fix. we cant look at a tiny pic and tell you for sure what its going to take to fix. if you just want to swap burnt parts then look up the part number written on the component and find it on digikey.

These amps are pretty solid! I repair kickers but mainly I see kx series. The d class is pretty strong. But when they do go out, you need to look beyond the visible burnt components. There is usually more to be seen.

Always act your age, you will be respected.

Archived