Suburban SS XXX18 Build log (box pix added)

photo0133x.jpg

photo0134x.jpg

photo0135i.jpg

did alittle work today... couldnt do much as i noticed the router bit i needed today was missing so i have to pick one up before i can go any further.. the port braces were screwed and glued... soo was 1 layer of the baffle... the port walls/front baffle/top were just put there for mock up/ picture purposes... hoping she sounds good......

man that box is coming out PROPER good man hope it knocks crazy,,,,whats that thing tuned at?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

got the batteries in 1 came broken..thansk fedex... put sub in the box... played it off 3 batts (2 deka big boys and a shurkien bt80 (kinetik 1800)) played good for about a day then i desided to open the barn doors and look at it while it was playing notices it shounded like i had a massive air leak... pushed on the sub and noticed it made a weird noise.... turns out the surround came unglued in one part.. not ripped or torn just like it had a bad glue joint.. could i get away with regluing the 1 corner down? or would i be looking at reconing the entire sub?

thanks after talking 2000lade im gonna atempt sanding the basic alittle bit as well... to have a better bound... maybe ill get lucky as well and the whole surround comes off the basket and i can properly prep and glue it down preventing any potenial future glue problems.. ither way if this doesnt work ill be ordering a recone.... also i ordered the CA glue kit from team psi

http://www.fixmyspeaker.com/ProductDetails.php?pid=411

so hopefully it works out well and i can get the box carpeted and get some vids up for u guys... because when it stomps!

Archived