Thinking About A New Rig

As the title says I am thinking about a new rig. Thinking maybe cleaning up this one and parting it out to build a new one. Im thinking either keep the case or get a whole new one. I want a sleeper but I want plenty of cooling. I am thinking about getting a simple full tower case from ebay so it will be simple looking with high power internals. I am a huge asus, amd, and ati fan so that will be where the parts will be from. I am seriously thinking about a Phenom 2 X6 and am still deciding on a board. I want a nice big ati graphics card. I have a 900 watt power supply I could use. I am thinking go back to 8 gigs of ram. This time I am thinking a fan controller with more cooling such as a cpu cooler other than the stock one, ram cooler, fans with good air flow, etc. What I am looking for is some ideas of different motherboards and good fans and such. Just basic ideas on what I could use. Maybe some hints on good RAM and such. Also I want to run windows 7 64 bit. Throw some ideas out guys.

Edited by Hellbound Train

wc_zps9b224b53.png

when you make your system try using 6 gigs of ram and 8. it might be faster with 6. i noticed that with the cor i7's. from what i'v read online apparently after 6 gigs your your using memory to use memory. if that makes sense.

corsair, crucial, kingston.... there all good and will do the job.

Edited by Reaper
reaper.png

See I had looked at corsair when I built this rig because I liked their ram and the coolers they made for their ram. I am running 8 gigs in this rig and its fine. I think its just the motherboard it has multiple screens it goes through before getting to the login screen and it takes forever. Also I have had this one long enough it is upgrade time. I want a sleeper but I want a POWERHOUSE

Edited by Hellbound Train

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Budget is whatever. I will probably save a bit and buy a piece or two at a time.

I wouldnt really buy parts here and there. Stupidest way to buy computer parts imo!

Id save your money and when you get a good chunk of change buy your parts all at once.

Otherwise what happens is you buy some parts, and then 2 weeks later its $5-20 cheaper..

or you buy your parts then a few weeks later there is something way way better out for the same price, and theres no better feeling then having new computer parts that you didnt even use and they are out dated. LOL

Im currently running 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator Memory and also have no issues either.

using a Asus M4A79T mobo, and a Phenom ll 965 quadcore 3.4ghz processor, Corsair 750wattPSU, and a evga 9800gtx until I upgrade to 3 or 4 ati cards.

Also win7 64bit machine. Just waiting to get a 400-800gig SSD next.. :)

I definitely want windows 7. I dont mind buying a bit here and there. I just want a new machine. Ranger build should be done by January so I will start picking up parts for the new rig soon I hope. Kind of want a sleeper type of look but I need plenty of cooling so I have a case in mind. I havent decided on ram yet though. I do like the corsair and the cooler you can get for their ram. I believe I will go ahead and use the same power supply. This OCZ 900 watt should be fine. I have plenty of extra cables for extras inside and it has 12volts and overdrive on it so I will be good with it. My uncle is giving me some older Boston Acoustics speakers for pc. Comes with two speakers and a woofer. With those and the set I already have with speakers and woofer I will be fine with sound. I would like to eventually pick up a touch screen. Any Ideas on hard drives anyone? I can possibly build up some old machines and sell them for cash to help since my uncle has tons of parts.

wc_zps9b224b53.png