Sonic Electronix

Yeah, well to be honest, I wanted like 4 18's running like 20k watts . But I dont have a tahoe :/ . Haha but I love bass, and when I mean love, I mean love. Like, I could listen to bass all day, as people have told me. But the only reason why I want 2 15's is because I'm a teenager and I cannot afford expensive systems like Steve or any of you guys. That's why I want 1.6-2k watts because I can't afford a new alt. I'll look into things soon.

i know you're not talking about me but im not rich by ANY means. i make like $100 a week if im lucky. its all about saving and buying things one by one. for a rule of thumb, you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS want to start off with a small system. you absolutely must learn from your mistakes if you want to keep increasing in power. i started off with a 4 channel (only used 2 channels) on a 10" kicker comp from 2001 in a sealed box with like 100rms. now im up to 2 12" dc level 3's on 1500rms. i mustve spent about a grand just in the audio thats in my car right now(counting every little thing).

if you jump straight into multi thousand watt territory, you MUST over look every little connection you made. it doesnt take much to cause sparks and failures.

Well you make 100$ a week is great to me.. I make no money at all because of high school. I need to focus on school instead of having a job and getting paid. But, I mean, 10" with 100rms is kind of.. to small for me. Not being rude or anything, but that's just how I look at things. If I'm going to spend the money, might as well spend it right the first time, and not go step by step wasting money.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Do you have the room to stuff 2 15's in it let alone having the extra space for them to breathe so they aren't choked cause there isn't enough room left in the trunk? You can get really low and really loud with a well thought out and built enclosure for your car, yes it will cost more but thats the price to pay.

Well, I shall find out when I measure the trunk, but if not, Ill go with 2 12's. And like I said before, my first system has to be around 800$, with 2 12's, or 2 15's, running with 1.6k-2k watts. That's all I ask for. :/

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

never had good luck fitting a lot into the trunk of an accord.

i would still suggest going with two 12s. i think youre wanting bigger cone because you perceive this as more "slap" but im telling you, anything done correctly can sound great. you have systems with 8" subs smashing. it deals a lot with stable electrical, proper equipment in correct enclosure.

and what amp his your friend running? just because an amp SAYS 5000 watts does not mean he is seeing 5000 watts. even if the rating was actual, you still have to look at the way its wired. could not be seeing the lowest ohm stable.

you have no budget...this definitely puts a damper on things. especially since the BIGGEST way you can save money...is by doing it yourself. but it does not sound like you will be able to do that. at least upgrade to the big 3 to pull the max possible out of your 70 amp alternator...lol. i would definitely do two Pioneer Championship 12s with an AP1500 (i would prefer the AQ1200) and you should be fine. that system will completely thump nicely. one of my first systems (minus the AP) and one of my favorite. so when you do upgrade your electrical, sell the amp and buy the AQ2200 and now you will see some serious performance.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you know what...scratch. you said $800.

two AQ 12" SDs powered by an AQ1200. thats $530 giving you HEAPS left over for wiring and materials. you will be MORE than pleased with this set up. and when your electrical is upgraded you could add another AQ1200, or upgrade to the AQ2200. either way you are under your budget and i guarantee you will LOVE the setup.

two AQ 12" SDs powered by an AQ1200. thats $530 giving you HEAPS left over for wiring and materials. you will be MORE than pleased with this set up. and when your electrical is upgraded you could add another AQ1200, or upgrade to the AQ2200. either way you are under your budget and i guarantee you will LOVE the setup.

Thanks so much. I realized you've been helping me through all my dumb questions, and I greatly appreciate it. Wait, couldn't I just buy 2 12" Fi's on an AQ1200? Either SSD's or BL's? If I get the BL's, I could use the AQ1200 at first until I get my new alt, then I can just sell the amp and just upgrade to the AQ2200 keeping the same subs.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Thanks so much. I realized you've been helping me through all my dumb questions, and I greatly appreciate it. Wait, couldn't I just buy 2 12" Fi's on an AQ1200? Either SSD's or BL's? If I get the BL's, I could use the AQ1200 at first until I get my new alt, then I can just sell the amp and just upgrade to the AQ2200 keeping the same subs.

you could. the BLs are decent subs, and the SSDs are awesome for the price. i love FI but in this case...i personally am still leaning towards the AQ. but this is your system so it has to be your decision. i would flip a coin, find whats cheaper, or find someone who already has the equipment so you can at least here it in person. youre going to be happy no matter which way you go.

you could. the BLs are decent subs, and the SSDs are awesome for the price. i love FI but in this case...i personally am still leaning towards the AQ. but this is your system so it has to be your decision. i would flip a coin, find whats cheaper, or find someone who already has the equipment so you can at least here it in person. youre going to be happy no matter which way you go.

Yeah, I know. But I've heard GREAT reviews on Fi. And I've looked up the AQ subs, either I've typed it in wrong, or it won't show up. But like I said, I've heard that Fi's are great sounding wise, lasting wise, and just overall. Never heard the reviews on AQ, but I heard the amps are fantastic. All I'm saying is, I want sub's that would last me a while (1-2 years) and still sound as if there brand new. And to be quite honest, I'll have to pass on the Pioneer. Don't get me wrong, Pioneer has some great products, but I've heard the subs in real life before, and I am not a fan.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

its all about install. trust me. people could not believe i had only pioneer championships in my truck. and when i added two more it was crazy. but that idea was scratched when i saw your budget.

the AQ subs are awesome. i love FI/AA, hands down. but youre not really comparing linear products from both companies. which is why im leaning towards the AQ. but FI is not a bad choice at all. like i said, you can not go wrong with those options, and you have your heart set on FI so go FI. FI/AA is in 3 of my 4 vehicles. thats saying something.

its all about install. trust me. people could not believe i had only pioneer championships in my truck. and when i added two more it was crazy. but that idea was scratched when i saw your budget.

the AQ subs are awesome. i love FI/AA, hands down. but youre not really comparing linear products from both companies. which is why im leaning towards the AQ. but FI is not a bad choice at all. like i said, you can not go wrong with those options, and you have your heart set on FI so go FI. FI/AA is in 3 of my 4 vehicles. thats saying something.

True, very true. Well, to be 100% honest, I'm not familiar with set-ups and such. So what do I do? Go to my local stereo shop and ask them to make me a box? Tuned to what? How big? Etc. Etc. Like, I need help with that, and I don't know what to do. I've seen the big 3 tutorial, and I've seen all of that, but I feel like I'm going to mess up, or do it wrong. So, should I just get someone to do it? I know people on here can make me a box for a great price, but I can't do that, due to me using my brothers credit card and he doesn't want me to use it on stuff like that.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt