Dont know if too much or too little

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/REFERENCE/r405/r405.pdf

thats how my amp is, just so you get a little better idea on how im running eveything up, I might post pics of the system when i get the quarter panel fixed on it so its internet presentable. And the sub is 400 watts but i think it peaks out around 500-500 watts

i dont understand. you have it wired like what? theres like 9001 different diagrams in that PDF. and i dont understand how its a 4 channel when its got a subwoofer channel as well as 4 channels.

the woofer is 500w peak, which doesnt mean anything, keep that in mind forever. its 250rms.

For the Sub channel i wired mono-one to one coil and mono-two to the other coil.

thats what i meant that theres 4 channels but a seperate channel for the sub, and im gonna get

the mids/highs wired too when i have a chance.

that amp only outputs like 120rms at 4 ohms on the sub side if im reading it right. that is practically like half of what the woofer can handle. also i would think about upgrading to 4 gauge. the amp has 4 gauge for a reason.

Ahh i see what ur saying, ive got some 4 gauge laying around so i might upgrade to that and see what else i can do, i really should get a friggin job and step up on wattage with a rockford amp or something like that, i need something that hits, i used to have two 10's in it but one of them blew for some reason, its great how i get help on something that we all like to mess with.

:good:

that amp only outputs like 120rms at 4 ohms on the sub side if im reading it right. that is practically like half of what the woofer can handle. also i would think about upgrading to 4 gauge. the amp has 4 gauge for a reason.

Ahh i see what ur saying, ive got some 4 gauge laying around so i might upgrade to that and see what else i can do, i really should get a friggin job and step up on wattage with a rockford amp or something like that, i need something that hits, i used to have two 10's in it but one of them blew for some reason, its great how i get help on something that we all like to mess with.

:good:

What exactly are you looking for?

Im looking for what wire brands are better so i can know whatever i throw at it, it can hold up.

Wire is wire. One brand doesn't differ from another. It just matters how many strands are in it. Some brands like boss say their wire is 4 gauge when it.only has enough strands to be 8 gauge. Knukonceptz is a great wire brand I would suggest looking at them

What exactly are you looking for?

Im looking for what wire brands are better so i can know whatever i throw at it, it can hold up.

Wire is wire. One brand doesn't differ from another. It just matters how many strands are in it. Some brands like boss say their wire is 4 gauge when it.only has enough strands to be 8 gauge. Knukonceptz is a great wire brand I would suggest looking at them

unless one company uses thicker strands. the strand count wont tell you the overall diameter of the wire. and of course there is OFC and the tinned crap.

Upgrade to 0 gauge wiring and get a mono amp. That will leave you room to grow.

A little overkill?

I don't see any need for 1/0 for less than 500 watts. Quality 4gauge can support upto ~120amps.

Some people really make me wonder.

apparently you didnt read his comment. "that will leave you room to grow" and its an accurate comment seeing as how the OP said he wanted to upgrade everything later.

OP, a 4 channel amp is "stereo" not "mono". if you have a full signal from the HU with left and right RCAs running to the amp then one channel will get more power than another at times depending on if the sound should be coming from the left or right of center. of course if you have a "sub output" on the HU it wont matter.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.