so im getting ready to sell my car and i m doing a little touching up...new tires, carpet, and paint. I was wondering has anybody dealt with Maaco yet? Ive heard theyre crap and do cheap work. if somebody has had them paint a car, how much was it? and was it good. thanks

Lets Go Ski

i just had my truck painted their a few weeks ago. make DAMN sure u go over the car after they paint it cz there were a few little runs on some parts but they fixed it for free no questions asked tho so that was good. other than that it looks pretty good but i mean its not THE best but i dont regret it. and they didnt do a very good taping things off like the door handles and trim around the windows and got overspray on them but i needed to repaint them anyway and was planning on it after i got the truck back. its worth the money if ur on a budget.

Edited by adam4563

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

i think we took it there on a thursday and i called the next monday and they said it was done but they had to fix the runs so we got it back that wednesday. so ur lookin at a weeks tops but it also depends on how many cars they have there at them time.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

i think they do but i would call them up to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...
so im getting ready to sell my car and i m doing a little touching up...new tires, carpet, and paint. I was wondering has anybody dealt with Maaco yet? Ive heard theyre crap and do cheap work. if somebody has had them paint a car, how much was it? and was it good. thanks

Yeah my girlfriend had her escalade painted there(in Sacramento)and it had problems from the word go....dry spots,runs and everything else you can name....went to the owner and he pulled out the contract that basicly states that they do crap work and thats it....dont do it!!!

Just have to say that Dr. db is a KICKASS screen name! B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Depending on the time, you can get your car sprayed for 300 bucks... I always see commericals on tv for the one in Milwaukee.

went to the owner and he pulled out the contract that basicly states that they do crap work and thats it....dont do it!!!

Im not sure how to put this, but yes they do crap work. But they also do good work too. You get what you pay for. The $300 paint job Im talking about is where they dont tape off window/door seals, trim. They just paint right over it. But Ive also seen some decent paint jobs from them too. Teddy, a guy in town I know has a older (box style) caprice with 22s. Maaco painted his ride a pearl white with a electric blue flake. The paint job really sparkles and shines. I think he said it costed $1600 (which is still cheaper then a bodyshop) even tho its still not the quality of a higher priced paint shop, Id still roll with teddys paint job on my ride. :)