Battery Question

I have a 99' Explorer Sport and I was wondering if it'd be a bad idea to stick a battery in the back if I only have the stock alt, I currently have a Yellowtop under the hood and my voltage is still meh. I know it'd be smart to just get a H/O alt, but I already have another battery sitting in my basement and it'd only cost me the price of buying a in-line fuse to put it in. Would I have charging issues with the stock alt or would I be fine?

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

1. Make sure it doesn't expel fumes, that would be dangerous to your health

2. I would recommend also doing big 3 to just smooth things out a little more.

I ran 2 batts in the rear with a stock alt on my current amp and I was fine. Had to charge It up every so often but it worked alright

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

it'll be fine. just be sure that the second battery is an AGM like the yellowtop

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You really should get a alternator. A second battery will load the alternator even more and may result in even lower voltage overall.

Team DC/Team DEFJ

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood DDX 719

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

2 DC Audio Full Carbon LVL6 M2 18's

4 Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp's

1000-4

600-4

5 Sets Rockford T3 Components

Ipad Dash

My Youtube Page

91188a0.jpgsmallbanner.jpg

1. Make sure it doesn't expel fumes, that would be dangerous to your health

2. I would recommend also doing big 3 to just smooth things out a little more.

I ran 2 batts in the rear with a stock alt on my current amp and I was fine. Had to charge It up every so often but it worked alright

I have the Big-3 already done but with my current amp at 2 ohms I still get some drop on certain songs, was just wondering if it'd be a smart idea to toss my other batt in to be safe.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4

It definitely wouldn't hurt, unless it was a wet cell that would fill your cabin with fumes. Nooo good! only true way I can see it killing your alt is if the battery had a bad cell.

Yea, just checked, both extra batteries I have sitting in the basement are both wet cells =/. Could I maybe stick the wet cell under the hood and the optima in the back, or bad idea?

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4

no, they really shouldnt be used together. i mean you could do that, and it would help, but... they just dont work well together.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I've only had the Yellowtop in the car for about 5 months or so, maybe a lil less and the other batts been sitting in the basement since then, but they're off the ground, not just sitting on concrete.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4