Here are some pics of my box that I just finished last saturday. My man Robert_J over on CACO (he's more well known on hometheaterforum.com) helped me out by letting me use some of his tools and it comes in handy to have an extra hand. The box is 3.25 cubic ft net after all displacements with 2 4" aeroports and tuned to 35 hz. We used a 1" roundover bit on the flares so we could eliminate as much port noise as possible and then we used a 1/4" roundover on all of the edges to keep it from getting dinged up and we used black felt to wrap the box. Here are some pics and tell me what you guys think about the box. Enjoy :drinks: (yes i know the car is a mess)

Picture150.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture149.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture154.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture156.jpg

boxbuild1.jpg

boxbuild4.jpg

1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them)

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq

Crescendo CCX6.5's

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4

C&D UPS490-MR in the back

2008 Kia Rio Lx

Nice box man. How do you like that HC? I'm thinking about picking up an 18 HC from a guy local to me.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Nice box man. How do you like that HC? I'm thinking about picking up an 18 HC from a guy local to me.

I love it!!! It absolutely murders the lows and gets loud off of nothing!! When you get that 18 you will be absolutely amazed at how clean and low it will get. It also has excellent power handling and in the right box you can put 2000-2500 watts rms with ease. It loved seeing 2400 watts rms from a behringer ep2500 in the house. If you can get that sub then get it because it is extremely hard to find and they only show up every once in a while. :drinks:

1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them)

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx

i got 2 of these puppies and eric is interested on one. eric, ill let you get a demo if you want.

edit:thanks for putting a good word, just needed a second opinion. but i got the HC reconed to a Fi, and got that beast wired down to .5 ohm, on a hifonics bxi 2010. btw, that is a very nice box.

Edited by carlosg_313

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

i got 2 of these puppies and eric is interested on one. eric, ill let you get a demo if you want.

edit:thanks for putting a good word, just needed a second opinion. but i got the HC reconed to a Fi, and got that beast wired down to .5 ohm, on a hifonics bxi 2010

The fi recone probably makes it even better and more worth the price. I'm gonna eventually get a psi recone for my sub so I can get a little bit more performance out of it. I'm interested in possibly buying one of your hc 18's. PM me a price and I live in memphis so I might be able to meet you somewhere halfway.

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx

The fi recone probably makes it even better and more worth the price. I'm gonna eventually get a psi recone for my sub so I can get a little bit more performance out of it. I'm interested in possibly buying one of your hc 18's. PM me a price and I live in memphis so I might be able to meet you somewhere halfway.

i will. i got 2 buyers for both my re HCs. if eric is not interested, ill pm you. and if the other guy is not interested, ill let you know still. lol

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

i will. i got 2 buyers for both my re HCs. if eric is not interested, ill pm you. and if the other guy is not interested, ill let you know still. lol

Ok cool man :good: Keep me updated cause I'm thinking about talking somebody into getting this for me as a christmas present. If i get this sub it's gonna be in my home theater or I'm gonna just put it to the side and wait till I get the money and get another powerbass amp and take my current 15 and get the same fi softparts and have 2 18's walled off. What fi recone did you use?

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Crescendo CCX6.5's

2008 Kia Rio Lx