Sonic Electronix

Ok so I am finally going to put subs in my 2003 Mustang and I'm not quite sure which ones to get yet. I am going between 2 JL Audio W0V2 12 inch subs with a Rockford Fosgate Punch 300-1 amp, a pair of Kicker 07C124 with the same Rockford Fosgate amp or a pair of Kicker 07CVR122 sub with either a Rockford Fosgate PRIME R500-1, a Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1000-1D or a Kicker 10ZX750.1

I want my car to have some bump but not enough to much. I want to be able to make my car shake and possibly the car next to me shake but I still want good sound quality. Most people have recommended the CVR which is cheaper than the W0V2 because the CVR is the 07 model but I am thinking this might be too much. When I am just listening to music by myself and not trying to show off or anything I don't want to be shaking the cars next to me. I know the W0V2 is a really good sounding sub but I have heard it is not very loud and I do want something I can show off a little. Well hopefully I haven't confused anyone too much any help would be great because I need to make a decision soon. I don't want to spend a fortune on this stuff so any alternatives are welcome.

how much do you want to spend? is my first question, list exactly what you need to spend money on, like an amp kit, speakers, subwoofers, amp, headunit, etc.

edit: ninja'd :(

Edited by Kranny

What's the budget? I'm listing some reasonably priced subs.

For the Prime R1000, look at a Sundown SA12, DC level 4, T3 Audio T1000, or Fi Q.

For the Kicker 750, look into a Sundown SA-12, T3 Audio T600, or DC Level 3.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

What's the budget? I'm listing some reasonably priced subs.

For the Prime R1000, look at a Sundown SA12, DC level 4, T3 Audio T1000, or Fi Q.

For the Kicker 750, look into a Sundown SA-12, T3 Audio T600, or DC Level 3.

Same thing I was thinking!

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

I already have an Alpine CDE-102 head unit and replaced all the stock speakers with Rockford Fosgate P1683's. Well for subs I would prefer to spend less than $100 a sub that is why I am thinking about getting the CVR's from 3 years ago instead of the new ones. I originally wanted the JL Audio W0V2's because they are supposed to sound really good and if they would shake my car a little I would be fine with them and the Kicker C124's were an option because they are also 3 years old and come in a 2 pack for $129.95. I would prefer to be around or under the $200 mark but an amp for the CVR's would probably be more than $200. I was thinking about getting a 4 channel amp for my speakers and I would probably go with the Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4. Everything I have looked at is on www.sonicelectronix.com and with most amps they will include a kit for an extra $30. I am really new at this and have tried to learn as much as I can about everything but I still have a LONG ways to go, that's why i'm here. I would prefer not to screw up on anything and end up with $500 wasted so anything you say will probably help. I don't really need the subs to be loud because 99% of the time I will just have them on to increase the quality of my music and to watch my mirrors vibrate. I had a friend with 1 CVR and it was really loud and it kept the fuel door on his BMW open all the time. Hope I have answered all of your questions so you guys can hopefully answer mine.

Just wondering you say "I want to be able to make my car shake and possibly the car next to me shake but I still want good sound quality" then a sentence later you say this? "When I am just listening to music by myself and not trying to show off or anything I don't want to be shaking the cars next to me" Lol but as far as subs go JL's make pretty good sound quality subs. i honestly dont have any experience with kickers

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Just wondering you say "I want to be able to make my car shake and possibly the car next to me shake but I still want good sound quality" then a sentence later you say this? "When I am just listening to music by myself and not trying to show off or anything I don't want to be shaking the cars next to me" Lol but as far as subs go JL's make pretty good sound quality subs. i honestly dont have any experience with kickers

haha ya didn't really think that one through very well but I mean like if I am in a parking lot and someone wants to compare I want to be able to make their car vibrate a little but I don't want to feel like my sub is going to blow if I do that every once in a while or if i'm just having one of those days where I want everything to go away and I pull up next to a car and just want to make them mad for some reason (wow going back into the not making sense thing again) I want to let them feel my music enough to get annoyed. Any other time I just want to see my mirrors vibrate which my current speakers can do but I feel like I need to turn them down so I don't blow them.

I have never heard of sundown audio or audiopipe so i'm a little skeptical about buying from a brand I have never heard but I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. Are those good brands? the price on those seems pretty good and I looked at the sub after you told me too but thought it was just too much but I may be wrong.

haha ya didn't really think that one through very well but I mean like if I am in a parking lot and someone wants to compare I want to be able to make their car vibrate a little but I don't want to feel like my sub is going to blow if I do that every once in a while or if i'm just having one of those days where I want everything to go away and I pull up next to a car and just want to make them mad for some reason (wow going back into the not making sense thing again) I want to let them feel my music enough to get annoyed. Any other time I just want to see my mirrors vibrate which my current speakers can do but I feel like I need to turn them down so I don't blow them.

I have never heard of sundown audio or audiopipe so i'm a little skeptical about buying from a brand I have never heard but I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. Are those good brands? the price on those seems pretty good and I looked at the sub after you told me too but thought it was just too much but I may be wrong.

many many many people on here have sundown audio products, they are a completely legit company, great products, amazing customer service. as for audiopipe, i didnt know much about them but ive seen a few people run them on here and they push my dc level 3 12's pretty well. they do rated power (they say it will output 1500rms, it does output 1500rms) as well.