What do i need to do this?

Alright, so I have finally decided to play with the "home audio" world.

I'm going to make myself some mini-towers, 2 component speaker sets, and like a 12" sub in a ported box.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune. I want to be able to hook the speakers up to my computer and possibly my PS3

Im assuming i need an EQ/input device, some kinda crossover, and the amps.

Can someone maybe point me in the right direction for some decent beginner stuff..

I can handle the speaker part myself, i just need some direction on the aforementioned items.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Someone has to know, lol...

I only want to run the components with crossovers in line until i can afford to get two amps and an EQ...

Like i said, im looking to run like 2 cheap 12's and 4 sets of decent components.

Someone point me in the right direction?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Alright, no one knows ANYTHING about PA systems... lol.

After further research im thinking of just going with Crown.

Possibly two Crown XLS1000's. One amp will run the tweeters on 1 channel, and the mids on the other channel.

The other amp will run the two subs bridged.

What else do i need?

Apparently the Crown's have a built in crossover, but does anyone have any experience with them?

This was taken from the Crown Website:

PureBand™ Crossover System

The PureBand™ Crossover System in the XLS Series adds an enormous amount of flexibility and performance to any system. With this system, the crossover frequency is completely variable allowing the choice of any crossover point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. The use of 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters provides steep slopes for a seamless transition between high and low drivers. And with four crossover modes to choose from providing the ultimate in flexibility, all of your system needs are covered:

1. Crossover Mode (CH1=LPF, CH2=HPF) – When chosen, this mode enables a LowPass Filter on Channel 1 and a HighPass Filter on Channel 2 at the frequency chosen.
  2. LowPass Mode (CH1=LPF, CH2=LPF) – When chosen, this mode enables a LowPass Filter on both Channel 1 and Channel 1 at the frequency chosen.
  3. HighPass Mode (CH1=HPF, CH2=HPF) – When chosen, this mode enables a HighPass Filter on both Channel 1 and Channel 2 at the frequency chosen.
  4. Bridge Mode (LPF or HPF) – When the amplifier is put into Bridge-Mono, you are still able to use the crossover system and employ either a LowPass Filter or HighPass Filter at the frequency chosen.

All of the PureBand™ Crossover System settings can be fully configured quickly and easily from the front panel using the intuitive LCD interface.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

One thing i'm confused on is this, how would i give the mids both a HPF, and a LPF since they need to be bandpass. I dont want them to be playing notes the subs should be playing...

Im assuming i also need a mixer of some sort, and an EQ? Lol

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

U could use a dj crossover. Some of those will bandpass. Look @ partsexpress, they got a lot of stuff there to help u out

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Archived