Oldsboomer's Fi & Crescendo BC 5500(its here) Blowthru!!!!(vid last page!))

Not clamped yet and I never tested the AQ 3500.1 on it I wasn't putting the amp on the fresh new recodes. But so far I love seem more efficient then the aq and doesn't get very warm at all after long period of idle play.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Tell you the secret i figured out about tuning these.. it was kinda an obvious "why didn't i think of that before" thing once it hit me.

you have to calculate end correction.... on BOTH sides of the port since it shares the top and bottom walls. Leaves the tuning of MY box around 25.5 hz lol... woops.

Gotta new design with a ~35 hz tuning, just dunno if i wanna build it or not.

what do you mean end correction? I think my last box ended up around 25-29hz but im leaning toward the lower end since i played 15hz at full power with no issues lol

My new box has more cubic feet and a little less port area i might tune slighty higher i dno the actual port wall on the new design is like 10" long but with the angled walls with the sub the total length it 29"ish i cant remember off the top of my head.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=165

Diagram at the bottom.

Box looks good!

• 2 weeks later...

yea my port ended up 12" wide dno how i F'ed that up so bad but o well i feel if i had gotten the size i originally intended it would play the lower end better thus why i might try to add some port length to it to bring out the lows and get them more in your face also a loading wall will be tried out and see how i like it to ear not mic. Hoping to cut the front port area down a little and see if that'll help the lows. Plus when i upgrade the subs to something with more motor force I believe the larger port wont be an issue anymore. Plus more power of course :)

Thanks man i love how the box turned out just a B**** to clean out the back lol

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived