I'm getting a little excited, I'll be picking my T3 T57C 5x7 speakers tomorrow. Wish I could get the T6C 6.5s for the front also but this place wants 100 for the speakers which is why it took so long to get these. I thought about going with a component set up front, but I'm not sure what that would run me. If anyone knows where I can find a better deal on these speakers please let me know. I'll be sure to post pics of the T3s when I get them, since this thread is lacking build pics lol.

Yes thread is lacking pics and we LOVE pics (fixed)

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Yeah I know this thread is lacking pics, It's a slow process getting the stuff I need together. I finally picked up my T3s the other day. Would of posted pics sooner but I've been sick as hell, like I could hardly stand to sit up. Starting to feel better, thank god. I also ended up picking up a Pioneer DXT-2266UB head unit that came with 4 Pioneer TS-G622L 6.5" speaker for, get this...$85. I got it from Wally World lol. Not the best place but when ya need music you will go anywhere. Down side to this head unit is that there is only 1 pre-amp out put but then again for the system I'm putting together I only need one. Guess next on my list is an amp, sub and enclosure. The enclosure is going to be the tricky part I think. Since the back seat doesn't fold down, I was thing about using the factory subwoofer location on the rear deck as a place to put a port. That will probly be handled by a local shop, I have no idea of what to do there. When photobucket decides to wake up I'll be posting a few pics.

Finally got the new head unit installed, works great. The Pioneer speakers that came with the head unit sound nice as do the T3s in back. I would have taken pics but the sky was so over cast that the pics would of looked like crap. I'll try to get some here in a few days if the weather gets better. Now what to do with the other 2 Pioneer speakers? hmmm

I'm at a stand still with my build at this point both finacialy and idea wise. At this point I'm ready to go big. With all the know how ya'll have and the help I have recived thus far I belive I can do it. I'm not gonna go out and buy top of the line stuff, I'm still gonna have to be budget concious. When the weather warms up I'm gonna start to learn how to do fiberglassing which should come in handy. I know some of you will say to keep it simple since this is my first true system. I've replaced head units and speakers in almost all my cars, this will be the first one that I'll be adding amps and subs too.

Archived