Made the first major purchase so I can finally start my build. I ordered 2 12 inch Hifonics HFI12D4 subs. Still looking for the amp which will be my next purchase. Looking for something that will be a low/fair price but be good quality. Just not sure what to get, subs are rated at 300 rms/ 600 peak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought I'd post a small update here, I finally got an enclosure well sorta. I took an old cabinet that was just big enough for my subs and modified it. I did this so my subs weren't just sitting in the trunk. They aren't hooked up. This box is just temporary till I can build a good one. Photo-0005.jpg

• 2 months later...

current set up. it does hit pretty good for being a small amp. I should have the second sub and enclosure in by next weekend. It could happen as early as Wed. I know its not clean now, but give me a few days

100_0933.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally got a second enclosure and wired up a second sub. According to the specs on the amp, I'm pushing out around 150 watts @ 4 ohms. I got the amp bridged into one channel. Here is a pic of the current set up.

P121011_1604.jpg

Still looking for a more powerful amp, hell maybe even subs too.

• 1 month later...

Finally done!

Ok so the wires aren't as clean as they could be, but I did the best I could with what I had.

100_0977.jpg

my "helper"

100_0969.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0972.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0974.jpg

P141111_1438.jpg

100_0982.jpg

yes I do know thw sub on the left is upside down :pardon:

P141111_1413.jpg

100_0932.jpg

100_0642.jpg

My youtube

Maybe for xmas Santa will bring me some better stuff :shrug:

Hey man imma be doin my first setup soon too and I have pretty much the same $1000 budget u do. I decided on gettin a 15" DC level 4 with an AQ 1200d amp and those add up to like 550-600 I'm hopin for the best especially since I'm going to make my first box for it too

Good luck with ur install man I'll be watchin I like seeing other ideas

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Archived