Possibly Getting An Iraggi Alt..

Guest MegaloManiac

depending on your vehicle.. i would say rough estimate of about 5-7ft of wire(preferably 1/0awg) to be safe and if you dont have those nice battery terminals then you'll need about 6 ring terminals...4 if you have the nice terminals...

and a fuseblock with fuse...you'll want the biggest fuse for that wire. so if you do 1/0awg then a 250a or a 300a fuse would be great.

if you're still skeptical just get 1 of these kits from eD, thats where i got mine, and they give you soo many extra ring terminals :)

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...products_id=163

and get a fuse block with free fuse from knukonceptz...ANL one

Edited by MegaloManiac

you would want to do it right away. HO alternator puts out a lot of current. A thicker gauge wire is necessary for the supply of soo much current.

more current = more heat = more resistance = big3 necessary

simple enough?

my buddy threw his 165 amp on before i even touched his truck, and his wire from the alt to the battery fried. haha.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

^^^theres your proof as to why you should the big 3 either before or during the alty swap

edit: as well as a reason to fuse your wires too :)

Edited by MegaloManiac

depending on your vehicle.. i would say rough estimate of about 5-7ft of wire(preferably 1/0awg) to be safe and if you dont have those nice battery terminals then you'll need about 6 ring terminals...4 if you have the nice terminals...

and a fuseblock with fuse...you'll want the biggest fuse for that wire. so if you do 1/0awg then a 250a or a 300a fuse would be great.

if you're still skeptical just get 1 of these kits from eD, thats where i got mine, and they give you soo many extra ring terminals :)

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...products_id=163

and get a fuse block with free fuse from knukonceptz...ANL one

is this the fuse you were talking about?

which wire does that go onto, the positive to alt wire? and 18 inchers from the battery?

http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=FH-20

and what do you mean by the 'nice termanals'?

and where do i find the ground to engine block and ground to chassis wires? or where are they usually located?

and does that big 3 kit work pretty good? or would i be better off buying all the shit separately?

my car is a 1993 chevy cavalier 2.2l 4 cyl.

Edited by no0b4lif3
no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

these are the nice terminals, they dont need a ring terminal. you can just stick the wire in and screw it down

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...ery%20Terminals

if you buy these make sure you buy pos & neg, cause they are different size.

im satisfied with the kit, i have extra terminals sitting in my toolbox from this kit. :) im actually redoing my big3 just for the sticky.

just follow the wires that your stock wires are, make sure when you do big3 that you add the wire not replace the wire. the electricity will take the path of least resistance anyways.

IMAGE_00142.jpg

that chasis is a typo, i meant to type engine block

Edited by MegaloManiac

would those termimals work on my batter, its one that has the screw in the side... so when i do it, i just put the bigger wires in the same locations as the stock ones are, and i dont remove the stock ones?

no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg

terminals should fit fine. you may have to apply some pressure to get them on tight

what do you exsactly mean by that?

shit i sure hope i get that loan i applied for... 500$ personal loan, for a few reasons, need to get my car going, and itll make a loan history for me... that would allow me to get the alt, big 3 kit, fuse, and terminals...

no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

well the terminals arent just going to slide on like butter, cause then they would be kinda pointless... they have a screw to loosen it but you still gotta wiggle the hell out of it to get on nice then screw it.