Sundown Audio

Amp Poll

07mazda3s

amp poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Get bxi1206d or keep looking

• bxi1206d
    • keep looking

I have talked a lot about amps I would like to upgrade to, but today I got a job (finally) and hopefully will be purchasing a new amp within this moth. I have talked a lot about a couple of lower quality amps and you all have advised me to save for something nice rather than waste my time. Now I am looking for something in a decent price range that will power my sub to its max capabilities. I have my eye on the hifonics bxi1206d..A couple questions about that amp:

I heard the bxi1206d is CEA certified, and it is rated at 900wrms@2ohms. But, doesn't being CEA certified mean you put out at least 10% more than your rated output? So wouldn't that put the actual power output @2ohms to ~1000wrms@2ohms?

Next question..would the bxi1206d blow my sub apart? Many people on this site have told me they seriously doubt my sub can handle its rated RMS(800). I wouldn't really know how to set the gains properly on the hifonics amp.

Is it ok to run the bxi1206d on a 4 gauge wiring kit wired @ 2ohms? Can my stock electrical handle the current draw?

My sub:

FUBAR-12W

1800 watts power handling

800 Watts RMS

200 oz. magnet

2” BASV voice coil

SPL 91 dB

Fs: 36 Hz

Vas: 1.91 cu.ft.

Qms: 5.71

Qes: 0.502

Qts: 0.462

Xmax: 0.4"

Sealed box: 1.2cu. Ft.

Ported box: 2 cu.. Ft.

Tuning: 40 Hz

Port Size: 4”(dia)x8.75”(length)

# of ports:1

My box

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

supposably they put out there rated power but have to have the proper electrical and all that, but arent they rated at 14.4V? if so youll see a little loss in output i jus ordered the bxi 1606d for myself should be coming soon...wats ur electrial consist of?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I have talked a lot about amps I would like to upgrade to, but today I got a job (finally) and hopefully will be purchasing a new amp within this moth. I have talked a lot about a couple of lower quality amps and you all have advised me to save for something nice rather than waste my time. Now I am looking for something in a decent price range that will power my sub to its max capabilities. I have my eye on the hifonics bxi1206d..A couple questions about that amp:

I heard the bxi1206d is CEA certified, and it is rated at 900wrms@2ohms. But, doesn't being CEA certified mean you put out at least 10% more than your rated output? So wouldn't that put the actual power output @2ohms to ~1000wrms@2ohms?

Next question..would the bxi1206d blow my sub apart? Many people on this site have told me they seriously doubt my sub can handle its rated RMS(800). I wouldn't really know how to set the gains properly on the hifonics amp.

Is it ok to run the bxi1206d on a 4 gauge wiring kit wired @ 2ohms? Can my stock electrical handle the current draw?

My sub

My box

It dosn't put out anywhere near 1000wrms.. 4 gauge will work just fine on stock electrical.. We just put the 1200 watt bxi in an explorer w/ 4 gauge and stock electrical. It's good to go.

I think you might kill your sub with it though if the gains aren't right. I'd find something that puts out a good 650-700 watts RMS.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

supposably they put out there rated power but have to have the proper electrical and all that, but arent they rated at 14.4V? if so youll see a little loss in output i jus ordered the bxi 1606d for myself should be coming soon...wats ur electrial consist of?

Stock, but my current amp has a fuse rating of 80 amps, as does the hifonics. I think it will be alright.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Stock, but my current amp has a fuse rating of 80 amps, as does the hifonics. I think it will be alright.

80A should have a output of 800watts......i think?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

• 2 weeks later...

My current sony xplod amp is actually cea2006 compliant, what does that mean it puts out? I have it wired at a rated 200wrms x2 @4ohms bc I have one voice coil on each channel of the amp. Will upgrading to an amp that puts out ~800wrms make my sub any louder? I just today realized that my amp was CEA rated, I just assumed since it was Sony that it was not. Anyways, do I stand to gain anything by upgrading to an amp that will give a true 800wrms to my sub?

Edit: Sorry for asking so many questions and I appreciate any help!

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Archived