Sundown Audio

Amplifier going in and out of protect

hoppinAltima

I just put in an kicker zx550.2 for my mid and highs. Out of now where the amp going into protect when the volume is turned up. I cant for the life of me figure out why, now when ever the bass hits, which is on another amp it goes into protect. but its not lossing voltage it stays at a constant 14.0 volts when playing. I have two compoment sets running off the amp, to make each channel running 2 ohms. I always tried just running one pair on each channel and the amp still goes into protect. I have tried different grounds and nothing makes a difference. Does any know have a guess to what might be the reason its going into protect??

Thanks

maybe one of your speakers are blown and you are getting a funky ohmload in 1 channel.... and thats sending it into protect

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

thats what i was thinking. thats why i tried just running one pair on each channel, but the messed up speaker could be the one i was using. How do I test for that? because all speakers are playing and not making any funky sounds. How do u measure the ohm load on the amp? i tried with my ddm and could get a reading

I went and checked each speaker and none are blown, i check the independence at the amp and none are below 2 ohms when running. one set i tried was even 2.4 ish ohms. So that rules out the amp getting to low of load. I tried ground to 3 different locations, I sanded on spot down and tried that. Also just ran a wire and grounded the amp to the battery in the back, still cuts out when turned up

Archived