Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Correlation between necessities Battery/Alternator


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have to ask again...it's been asked before but I want a true answer. Say someone has an alternator in their car stock, about 120 amps for example, with a second battery in back around 2000 watts capacity (at least what it's designed for). Would they be okay if they were running about 1500-2000 watts or would they need dual high output alternators? Someone says alternators > batteries any day. Someone that knows what they're talking about please clarify this for me...

If this fits better in the engine forum, feel free to move it.

POTATO!

Posted

Isomodial Phase Ditractors over alt/batt anyday...

I don't think one need dual h.o. alts for 1500-2000rms.

Derp.

Posted

Isomodial Phase Ditractors over alt/batt anyday...

I don't think one need dual h.o. alts for 1500-2000rms.

Didn't think so...he's saying he'd need two or three batteries and 2 dual h/o alts because the GM alts are crap and only do half of their rated 110 amps. Maybe 80-90, but not 60-70

POTATO!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 518 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...