Sundown Audio

.5ohm 1200 rms

MACnonsence6

thats the other thing i was thinking is there any differnce in funtion of a sub when there wired to make a 2 ohm cause it would be wired down from 4 8ohms - 2 4ohms 1 2home vs the first way?

they would function the same no matter what wiring method you used (parallel, series, series/parallel). it just changes the ohm load but the power handling stays the same.

lol i meant whats in the picture u posted. and alright thanks for the help guys what would be needed for my car to handle 1200 with out issues could a 100 amp alt big 3 with 1/0 and a crazy good battery?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

lol i meant whats in the picture u posted. and alright thanks for the help guys what would be needed for my car to handle 1200 with out issues could a 100 amp alt big 3 with 1/0 and a crazy good battery?

Yes you can handle it but you will have voltage drop.

At 2 ohms, that would power the amp fine. At .5 ohm, hell fucking no

I would suggest an XS Power D3400 as a starter battery. It fits most cars' factory battery trays.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

that will be all you need. perfect.

edit: forgetting to press "post" = me getting ninja'd

Edited by Kranny

what the stock battery tray holds wont matter im redoing the engine so the original tray will be gone is anything i could do besides getting a higher amp alt to prevent a voltage drop?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

what the stock battery tray holds wont matter im redoing the engine so the original tray will be gone is anything i could do besides getting a higher amp alt to prevent a voltage drop?

1200rms i wouldnt worry much about voltage drop IMO. big 3 and you will be fine. no need to waste money.

a better battery will do the trick. but a battery, alt, and big 3 are pretty much all you can do for voltage drop.

i do think you will need an upgraded battery though. i had very bad drop with that much power on stock electrical and this kid's car i was working on yesterday had a 1200w amp on stock electrical with bad drop too.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.