2 15" Alpine Type Rs, mrp-m2000

Hows it going Meade forums, always wanted to join, never really had the motivation until now, anyways, this is the build i want to submit for the system of the month, let me know what you think.

System -

2 Memphis audio 6 1/2s upfront(no amp on those yet, coming soon)

2 15" Alpine Type Rs

1 Alpine MRP-M2000

1 Farad Capacitor

Custom built box (by me) an 8 cu.ft. box with a split down the middle making two separate chambers

tuned to 37 Hz

This is my baby

truck.jpg?t=1291538773

This is the box without the front(obviously)

prebox.jpg?t=1291538838

After -

done.jpg?t=1291538830

and this is a video of the system

Hope you enjoyed, and let me know what you think.

edit: more pictures to come of the amp and cap tomorrow

looks like its hammering 8 cubes fuckn huge

current setup. 2 m6 alpine amps 600rms each / 2 eclipse sw8010 10's 700 rms each/ 2 sets of mtx 4001 axe series componenets /aline pdx 5 running highes and 5th channel running sws-8 inch earthquakes under the seats/ ported box which is to small for some.

looks good man. i have a few suggestions so dont think im being mean. it doesnt look like your boxes have enough port area, did you use a calculator of some sort to aid you? because im almost certain they would perform even better with more port area. also, does your voltage drop? if so, i would rethink that capacitor and replace it with an AGM-style battery (such as an xs power or deka intimidator or optima)

looks good man. i have a few suggestions so dont think im being mean. it doesnt look like your boxes have enough port area, did you use a calculator of some sort to aid you? because im almost certain they would perform even better with more port area. also, does your voltage drop? if so, i would rethink that capacitor and replace it with an AGM-style battery (such as an xs power or deka intimidator or optima)

your absolutely right about the cap, i need to go bigger. when i bought the cap i was only running a mrp-m1000 and amp wasnt enough power, kept heating up to fast, went to the mrp-m2000, fixed it but never updated my cap, i got a Optima 800 CCA deep cycle marine battery, so i wasn't worried about killing the battery.

as for the tunning, ya i used a calculator, the ports are 20 1/2 inches wide, 1 1/2 inches tall and 11 inches deep, got more then enough space to move the air that those subs are pushing. thanks for the suggestions though :) !

your absolutely right about the cap, i need to go bigger. when i bought the cap i was only running a mrp-m1000 and amp wasnt enough power, kept heating up to fast, went to the mrp-m2000, fixed it but never updated my cap, i got a Optima 800 CCA deep cycle marine battery, so i wasn't worried about killing the battery.

as for the tunning, ya i used a calculator, the ports are 20 1/2 inches wide, 1 1/2 inches tall and 11 inches deep, got more then enough space to move the air that those subs are pushing. thanks for the suggestions though :) !

the only reason i mentioned the cap is because with 2000rms and a stock alternator you are bound to have voltage drop and that capacitor is literally doing you more harm than good because its adding onto the stress of your electrical system.

which calculator did you use? because i can almost guarantee you that you do not have enough port area and if you follow around the forums for quite a while you will realize how much better your system can be just by reading the information that is posted on here.

the only reason i mentioned the cap is because with 2000rms and a stock alternator you are bound to have voltage drop and that capacitor is literally doing you more harm than good because its adding onto the stress of your electrical system.

which calculator did you use? because i can almost guarantee you that you do not have enough port area and if you follow around the forums for quite a while you will realize how much better your system can be just by reading the information that is posted on here.

i cant remember what exact calculator i used but i remember everything adding up when i did the calculations, plus it was my first box build so i did not design it the best lol. even if i wanted to change the ports i couldn't, and i am already getting some awesome results from these type Rs that i did not expect.

as for the cap, i had my system running at one time without the cap and the voltage drop was WAY worse then when i installed it or i would have changed it out already. when the summer comes around i am planning on some big things, one of those things will be a dual alternator setup, plan on putting 2 high output alternators on there so im going to wait to upgrade everything.

not doubting that that slamms. but hell, my trans line box i had for awhile for two 10" ppi subs, tuned to the inside of my ex cab f150 has 40" of port.. 2" wide by 12" tall if i remember right... thats two chambers.... tuned to like 30something... shit hurts. :) nice job though dood... i wish i had a suv to play with

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

Archived