Second Skin Audio

Need Help Porting Box

This is the the box I need help porting.

CenterboxStage1.jpg

The I would like the port at the bottom (facing forward) but facing up would work too.

The box is just a little over 1.5 cubic feet. I left room for the port. I will be putting in a 12" DC XL. As for the tuning I don't know, what ever you guys think is the right choice.

Here are some of the measurements.

CenterSubBoxStage1mesurments.jpg

Edited by C.Sanchez.A

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

the only way you can get help with porting this design, is by posting the dimensions and volume of the box, and driver that will be used with it, and what kind of tune you are looking to achieve.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

Damn, that´s one weird box! why does it have that shape? and, if you have 1.5 cubic feet before displacement, the port should be external hommie, if not, it´s gonna get way to small for that sub!!

Said that, i would get an external 4" aeroport maybe? something like 12" long giving you a 39 hz tuning, i don´t think you would be able to play low frequencies too strong with that small box, so why bother trying? depends on your music likes my friend, if you want to play lower then you could get something like 16" long, giving you a 35 hz tuning if you use 5" of the port inside the box and 11" outside the box getting around 1.4 cubic feet after displacement.

I forgot to ask you, what´s the sub displacement???

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Damn, that´s one weird box! why does it have that shape? and, if you have 1.5 cubic feet before displacement, the port should be external hommie, if not, it´s gonna get way to small for that sub!!

Said that, i would get an external 4" aeroport maybe? something like 12" long giving you a 39 hz tuning, i don´t think you would be able to play low frequencies too strong with that small box, so why bother trying? depends on your music likes my friend, if you want to play lower then you could get something like 16" long, giving you a 35 hz tuning if you use 5" of the port inside the box and 11" outside the box getting around 1.4 cubic feet after displacement.

I forgot to ask you, what´s the sub displacement???

1. the box is over 1.5 after displacement, with room for a port.

2. the box is shaped like that because it's part of a bigger box and the "cut out" at the bottom back is to make room for the lip in my truck.

3. I do want to play the lows.

The recommended box volume for my sub is 1.5 after all displacement. Once I find the right size port I will adjust the box to have a final volume of 1.5.

Youtube Channel

What do you mean by squar feet? Isn't squar feet 2D (only a surface) Would that mean the opening has to be 12 to 16 ?

Youtube Channel

What do you mean by squar feet? Isn't squar feet 2D (only a surface) Would that mean the opening has to be 12 to 16 ?

Yea its the opening. Like a 3 by 4 inch port would be 12 sqin worth of port. Depth just affects tuning essentially

Ok. Now That I understand that, what would be a good "tuning"? I'm going with a 12 square inch opening.

Youtube Channel