Sonic Electronix

Eletrical Problems with the Factory Headunit

Okay so lately there's been a lot of problems with my factory headunit, and i'm putting in my alpine 9886 tomorrow but i'm wondering if it's the headunit or the actual electrical. When I turn on the car in the morning the headunit usually doesn't turn on, and neither does the digital clock right about it. (Infinity sound system by the way. Came with the car) It would turn on about 10 to 15 minutes later though sometimes, and sometimes it wouldn't cut on at all. Whenever I hit a bump both HU and clock turn off, sometimes it'll come back on right away, sometimes it won't. Recently though the HU has been giving me a lot of trouble and it or the clock haven't been turning on at like all. What's going on?

2repbme.png

Okay so lately there's been a lot of problems with my factory headunit, and i'm putting in my alpine 9886 tomorrow but i'm wondering if it's the headunit or the actual electrical. When I turn on the car in the morning the headunit usually doesn't turn on, and neither does the digital clock right about it. (Infinity sound system by the way. Came with the car) It would turn on about 10 to 15 minutes later though sometimes, and sometimes it wouldn't cut on at all. Whenever I hit a bump both HU and clock turn off, sometimes it'll come back on right away, sometimes it won't. Recently though the HU has been giving me a lot of trouble and it or the clock haven't been turning on at like all. What's going on?

Do both HU and clock always turn on and off together?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Do both HU and clock always turn on and off together?

Yeah they always do that. Never one without the other.

2repbme.png

Yeah they always do that. Never one without the other.

So it is something common between then, most likely wiring. Check the ground, fuse(s), and power wire. Check to make sure everything is nice and tight ( :good: ) and make sure your fuse sits in place real well. It is possible both radio and clock have a fuse in common, maybe the fuse is a bit lose.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived