Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

SPL Box help in regular cab


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I've come across a problem and need some help :D I've got 2 Kicker L7 8s hooked up to a treo 750.1 amp running @ 1 ohm. which is roughly 1500-1600 watts. I've built a box for my regular cab chevrolet colorado, and I am not impressed at all. I know its the box thats why im here. The dimensions are 13.50in tall, 48.75in wide and 6 in deep. I used 3/4 mdf. I used a 2.75 aero port thats 5.25in long. Using box calculators it should be tuned to like 41hz. I don't really have access to a meter to see what my trucks resonant freq. is so. I was looking to keep a box around 6in deep so I could still have room. This is a daily driver but I want it for spl competitions. Any ideas from regular cab truck owners ? Thanks

Posted

i retract my last youre tuned too high

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

i retract my last youre tuned too high

What kind of port would you suggest for a ~1.4 cube box? to be tuned in the low 30s would require like a 1.5" wide slot port, I don't know if that would be to small.

Posted

the issue with a box that small is that your port is going to end up stupid long.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8658 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...