Dodge Dakota Fi build... UPDATE: No More wall

what year? i put 2 15's in a 03 dakota and i hate the front seats.. should be a nice build though man i might be able to do a box draw up tomorrow for you

Its a 2003 4.7l v8, Its been a good little truck.. i just hate you cant lift them and I agree with the seats! A draw up would be sick, Im always looking for new designs...

i would double all those walls and the baffle.

and brace it a little.

Really? All of the walls, The front will be doubled, but all of them..

Im going to brace it with some 2x4....

I would like to thank mazdaspl for helping with this box design, Much help man thanks alot, Also just got news that the subs already shipped and should arrive the 13th!!!

I Like It LOWWWW

i would double them all.

just me though ... ive only built multiple dual 18 boxes/walls so what do i know? :P

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

what year? i put 2 15's in a 03 dakota and i hate the front seats.. should be a nice build though man i might be able to do a box draw up tomorrow for you

Its a 2003 4.7l v8, Its been a good little truck.. i just hate you cant lift them and I agree with the seats! A draw up would be sick, Im always looking for new designs...

i would double all those walls and the baffle.

and brace it a little.

Really? All of the walls, The front will be doubled, but all of them..

Im going to brace it with some 2x4....

I would like to thank mazdaspl for helping with this box design, Much help man thanks alot, Also just got news that the subs already shipped and should arrive the 13th!!!

O you already got a design? and i dont do skecth ups lol i cant figure google out but i can do solidworks i just dont have it anymore. What are the specs?

yea i hate everytime we took the box in and out had to take all the Fing seats and center console out. and we didn't double up any on the box it turned out fine we use allthread and wooden dowls.. i like dowls better then 2x4's for weight and smooth airflow. but its always good to double up if you can

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

i would double them all.

just me though ... ive only built multiple dual 18 boxes/walls so what do i know?

I wasnt doubtin ya B) just never heard of all the walls, Well Ill try it this way and see how she does... If there is mad flex in the box ill kick my ass and build another :pardon:

O you already got a design? and i dont do skecth ups lol i cant figure google out but i can do solidworks i just dont have it anymore. What are the specs?

yea i hate everytime we took the box in and out had to take all the Fing seats and center console out. and we didn't double up any on the box it turned out fine we use allthread and wooden dowls.. i like dowls better then 2x4's for weight and smooth airflow. but its always good to double up if you can

Ok mazda mentioned the allthread too, Ill look into that instead of the 4's... Yea the seat piss me off!! The spec on the box tured out to be

40h 46w and 20 depth, It was orinally suppose to be 40x50x20. but the window in the back screwed me on the width.. So give or take it about 19 cubes and tuned to 29 hz with 200 in2 of port.. a little different that what mazdaspl gave me just cause I lost 4 inches!

I Like It LOWWWW

haha you aren't kidding man and very flat he might want to take out a cube or 2 but he'll just have to play with it even thought Q's like big boxes

Im going to take his advice and double them up... Hell iv never had 18's before, so any advice from a person that has ill take!!!

I Like It LOWWWW

haha you aren't kidding man and very flat he might want to take out a cube or 2 but he'll just have to play with it even thought Q's like big boxes

Im going to take his advice and double them up... Hell iv never had 18's before, so any advice from a person that has ill take!!!

My boy runs his 18's in a 13 cube box and they are mayhems but being as the Q's like bigger boxes i'd say try to get around 14-16 max. and see if you can get that port a little bigger since you dont need so much space a good aim point is about 14.5-16 sqinches per cube

and yes i love the Q's too GREAT response on all the frequencies and im running 4 of the old ones and im going to build a wall for 4 of the new ones in my boys blazer

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived