Sundown Audio

Kicker KX2500.1 vs. RF 2000.1(experance only and impartial)

SPLGEO

I am looking for people who have expert advice on these amps...I know the RF is under rated but so is the Kicker they put out about the same amount of wattage. I can pick both of these amos up for nearly the same price.

I know Kicker subs are not that great, But I talked with TCAB(spkrman525) about them amp choices he recommed the kicker of the RF because the kicker puts out the same amount of power that the Rf does but at a lower ohm load. He told me that do to impedence rise that the Fi BTL would rearly see  1 ohm so the amp is fine. He also said that kicker somewhat over uses the protection feture so the amp will not blow, it is a much safer amp and more solid amp.

Which from experance would be a better choice for my system both DD and SPL?

Honestly I like the looks of the kicker amp I like the looks of the longer slender amps.I haven't order the sub yet. I won't until the first of november. I amp odering a kintek 1900 battery and in the process of looking for a good quality H/o ATL.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Guest 90accordman

Honestly I like the looks of the kicker amp I like the looks of the longer slender amps.I haven't order the sub yet. I won't until the first of november. I amp odering a kintek 1900 battery and in the process of looking for a good quality H/o ATL.

you still think 1 batteries going to be enough  ;) :-

Guest 90accordman

Man I've heard nothing but that the new 2500.1 from kicker is badass.

All my Kicker gear has taken a beating and still going strong...Kicker is one of my favorite brands as far as quality products goes :^ :^

i am not comfy rollin on .7 with my single MX on a 2ohm rated amp though no matter how much people praise them

i owned an 04 kx2500.1....i had it on my solo x and it exploded the sumbitch....ran it off of one yellowtop under the hood with no problems, didnt get hot, never clamped it to see actual power but the birthsheet said 2509wrms @ 1

new setup in the works

you still think 1 batteries going to be enough  ;) :-

honestly thats all of the moneyt  I have for now.. It shoudl do fretty well fro now.. I am trying to stay within db drag rules for street A.. 1 battery, 1 ATL, 1 12", 1 AMP

so it sounds like its KICKER :^

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Archived