Anybody Help!!!!

I'm to the point of giving up on car audio for good. My 2000 grand am gt 3.4L has had belt squeal for 8 months now. I have replaced the tensioner 2 times, alternator 3 times, idlers 2 times, belt 5 times. I have tried everything possible to get rid of it. I talked to Mechman and he said that because of the High Output Alternator it is gonna squeal unless, I add a idler pulley so the alternator gets more belt wrap. Well I cannot find a place to put the pulley, and I cannot get a smaller belt than the 1 size smaller that I already have. It won't fit. My belt is a Gates Green Stripe and is only 2 weeks old. I have checked every pulley, waterpump, power steering pulley, H Balancer and its all fine. What should I do guys, is there anybody here with a 2000 to 2003 grand am that has a H.O alt with the same problems. Any help is needed guys because I'm going insane....... Btw. Please nobody suggest, Wd-40, belt dressing, soapy water, bar of soap or any other stupid solutions. It makes my belt squeal 10000000000 worse so it doesn't work.

the gator belts seem to help a lot of people. other than that, its what mechman said. you need to make a bracket to get an idler pulley near the alt. post pics.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

have mechman fab you up something dude! dont quit because of that thats a drop in th ebucket.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guest DC Power Rob

Pic of the setup?? We put one of our 270SP's in a Malibu with a 3400 yesterday, (something we've done a ton of) if we didn't and don't have any belt slip running a 1.8" pulley on that car, I cant see why you'd be having trouble...

A lil trick i do for squeeling belts is to use coarse sand paper to ruff the pulleys up, this gets rid of any glazed rubber deposits and helps the belt grip better. Gotta be worth a try. Post a pic if you can and someone might have an idea for the extra pulley.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats worth a shot good idea. It may not help but by now you are a pro at taking the belt off lol shouldnt take you long.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the gator belts seem to help a lot of people. other than that, its what mechman said. you need to make a bracket to get an idler pulley near the alt. post pics.

I will post pics, just have to get to my computer first and ill get pics

Guest DC Power Rob

^^^^ Changing belts in those cars is a prick, you have to pull the upper motor mount. It's not so bad when you have a forklift to hold the motor up, but in your driveway, not so much fun.. Sanding pulleys is only a temp fix, a day, maybe 2 if your lucky, not really worth the time. If it's slipping, it will just re-glaze the pulley in short order..

have mechman fab you up something dude! dont quit because of that thats a drop in th ebucket.

I've tried to get mechman to fab me up something, but they said they can't because the do not have a grand am in the shop to experiment with. I want to stay in audio but I spend so much money trying to keep my car in great condition, and I get a belt whine that makes it sound crappy