Sonic Electronix

I have an Audiopipe AP1500.1D rated for 16v use, and I'm on the search for a good second batt. Kinetik has the KHC16V, 1600watts at both 12v & 16v outs. Would I need a new alternator setup to use the battery at 16v, or how would it work? I can power my mid/high amp off my front stock battery. Thanks

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

I have an Audiopipe AP1500.1D rated for 16v use, and I'm on the search for a good second batt. Kinetik has the KHC16V, 1600watts at both 12v & 16v outs. Would I need a new alternator setup to use the battery at 16v, or how would it work? I can power my mid/high amp off my front stock battery. Thanks

I have wondered myself.. Your alt cant charge 16v obviously, but if kinetik integrates a DC-DC converter, or something else to raise voltage from 12-14 to 16-18 (17.2v is 100% charge for an 8 cell AGM) then you would be able to hook your alt to the 12v post, ground to neg, and amp to 16v. I somewhat doubt they would integrate that component due to cost though. It does not specifically say on their website so you might have to contact them or find an owners manual.

If you have to ask.........

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

dude just use a normal 12volt battery mostly any amp can handle 16volts thats how u get more numbers of ur amp i might be wrong though

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

you dont need a new alt but you will need a new regulator for it to charge at 18v. run the system off the 16v terminal and the car off the 12v terminal.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If you have to ask, then you aren't ready for 16v. 16v batteries need to charge at 18v, just saying.

Kinda figured it would be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. Good ol' 12v 1800w batt for me.

POTATO!