Jump to content

Help me with my mids and highs, please.


96Blazer

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am trying to put together a new mids and highs system to keep up with the new sub setup I am going to be building. Right now I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's Coxaial 2 ways in the front doors and the speakers mentioned in my Sig in the rear. I think im going to amp them but im not sure how the rockfords will handle it. I am also looking in to getting 4x6 plate dash speakers like these: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12421_Power-Acoustik-XP2K-465P.html If I amp my dash speakers, front doors, and rear doors do you think they should be pretty loud?

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

I would like to keep it cheap, but I can go with high cost 4x6's if you think it will "open" up the sound a lot more. I do know and have heard stories about the T1 series rockfords not fitting in the 4x6 hole on blazers, but the punch series will. How about these: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13966_Infinity-Kappa-462.9cfp.html

or these: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3116_Diamond-Audio-M341-4.html

Im liking the idea of the 4 inch component set from diamond audio. But no reviews on them kind of scares me. I want these things to be pretty loud up front.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

I wouldn't amp both the dash and the front doors.

You don't really need both.

If you want louder, do the dash, because they angle right to your head.

I can't even hear the door speakers with the dash speakers on.

Plus it saves money.

If you put mids in the doors, then sure.

But there is no point in putting 2-ways in the front door all the way at the bottom where you can't really hear them when you have 2-ways in the dash.

Edit: I just looked at your setup. are you still rocking the 100w sub? I don't see how that could even overpower stock mids/highs lol...

The reviews on it say it's 100w??

i suck men dry...email me for details

Posted

I did just start looking at 3 way systems and that seems like it MIGHT be a good option

These look pretty nice and cheap to boot!: http://www.woofersetc.com/p8837/SAC525--Swiss-Audio-3-Way-525"-+-4"-Component-System.htm

Are there any other 3 way component sets around that price that still get loud?

Edit: I still am in fact rocking those oldd 100 watt Rockfords. But I am in the process of getting 4 10's in a ported box on 2800 watts RMS

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

Bump

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

unplug your RF speakers and listen to the dash speakers by themselves. Unplug the dash speakers and listen to the RF by themselves. See which you like better. Personally I would amp the door speakers. You cant guarantee that the dash wont be too harsh on higher power. I actually dont know anyone who has amped the dash but not the doors.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

u could get another set of rf 5.25's take out that panel..mount a mdf ring to it glass it clean it up carpet paint we...then mount it back in the factory position thats what i did with my blazer when i had it..then amp both will screeeeeeeammmmmmmmmm hope that helps

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1389 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...