the shop im using is gonna tear down my stock alt and rebuild it to push 220 amp all for around $130 and the people iv talked to that have used this shop say its the shit so ima just see what happens

my old alt (just reinstalled my stock one this morning) was a rebuilt 165 amp (from 70) and it was complete shit. idling with no music or lights at low 12v when warm. alt responded super slow to any sort of load put on it. unless you get an overdrive pulley i would highly recommend you stay away from getting it rebuilt.

edit: just to give you a hint of what im talking about, on Muscle Cars (something with a fast bassline like that) or Like A G6, i could drop to 12.8v and STAY THERE because the alt is like WTF. with my stock alt i will stay at 14+v all day with those same songs.

i would normally stay away but all the audio shops around told me to go to this guy cause he knows his stuff and they use this guy on all their show vehicles so ima just see what happens

True, but what tests have been done to benchmark any performance increases in his alternators? What exactly is he doing to the stock unit? Casings...diodes....external regulators? I'm just curious what he is doing for $130 that's actually going to increase the performance

ima see all about it sometime this week like what he's doing and all but like i said iv heard nothing but good i mean all the audio shops around here told me to go to this guy because he knows what he's doing so ima let him do it and see what happens

thats a really long run-on sentence. but dont come whine to us if you end up buying it and have terrible results.

True, but what tests have been done to benchmark any performance increases in his alternators? What exactly is he doing to the stock unit? Casings...diodes....external regulators? I'm just curious what he is doing for $130 that's actually going to increase the performance

ima see all about it sometime this week like what he's doing and all but like i said iv heard nothing but good i mean all the audio shops around here told me to go to this guy because he knows what he's doing so ima let him do it and see what happens

thats a really long run-on sentence. but dont come whine to us if you end up buying it and have terrible results.

trust me i dont cry to people when shit doesnt go as planned if it doesnt work he has a 1 year warranty on all his work so if shit goes south ill get my money back and my alt put back the way it was

Hope that's in writing.

I've found out that going cheap can become very expensive. And money isn't the only way to be expensive. Time can be wasted and my time is worth money.

But say you continue to upgrade...pretty soon you're going to need to upgrade the alternator again. I would just do it right the first time saving me time, money, and more time later on down the road.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Hope that's in writing.

I've found out that going cheap can become very expensive. And money isn't the only way to be expensive. Time can be wasted and my time is worth money.

But say you continue to upgrade...pretty soon you're going to need to upgrade the alternator again. I would just do it right the first time saving me time, money, and more time later on down the road.

im happy with my system and im not planning on upgrading anytime soon that is my everyday driving vehicle and i just dont want anymore money spent on it. this is the system iv always wanted and im pretty happy with it

For alts.. i would recommend DC power... worth every penny...

oh and read these 2 articles...

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/articles/truth-about-idle

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/dc-power-vs-competition

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

lmao i will say you will want bigger after listening to your system for a lil while. thats usually how it goes with bass heads. you may start of with 2 15's like you have right now but since you have so much room you will think well i need 2 more 15's and another amp. it will happen just wait lol. the alt i would seriously get a mechman or equal alt then go to some guy and have yours built up. you can do it yourself what the shop is gonna do and that is get a kit like this(this one is for my car) http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5161 and put it in. look at that and you tell me anywhere in that kit that shows you better cooling. you cant cuz theres not and if you understand what im sayin that mean higher temps inside of the alt which leads to failures and poor output. these companies like mechman make everything better not just more output. they make better cooling to go along with the high output from the alt. please listen to everybody cuz a lot have had this experience with like what your gonna have done and have learned the hard way but do what you want its your money

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...