Looks like it slams for only a $600 system.. How is your voltage holding up?

Now its time to go bigger :drink40:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

like i said its a stock alternator and im draining the shit out of it im about to get it revamped to about 220 amp at this shop i found

What brand?? I would suggest looking into either Mechman, Excessive Amperage, Ohio Generator.. ect. Remember, you get what you pay for in an alternator :pardon:8)

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

like i said its a stock alternator and im draining the shit out of it im about to get it revamped to about 220 amp at this shop i found

What brand?? I would suggest looking into either Mechman, Excessive Amperage, Ohio Generator.. ect. Remember, you get what you pay for in an alternator :pardon:8)

the shop im using is gonna tear down my stock alt and rebuild it to push 220 amp all for around $130 and the people iv talked to that have used this shop say its the shit so ima just see what happens

That sounds incredibly suspect. Seriosuly. I would do so at your own risk, sometimes going cheap can be very expensive.

And how is the system draining the alternator?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That sounds incredibly suspect. Seriosuly. I would do so at your own risk, sometimes going cheap can be very expensive.

And how is the system draining the alternator?

well ima just see but like i said iv heard nothing bad from people about them and its not draining the alt my alt just cant handle all the power getting drained from the batteries

True, but what tests have been done to benchmark any performance increases in his alternators? What exactly is he doing to the stock unit? Casings...diodes....external regulators? I'm just curious what he is doing for $130 that's actually going to increase the performance

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

the shop im using is gonna tear down my stock alt and rebuild it to push 220 amp all for around $130 and the people iv talked to that have used this shop say its the shit so ima just see what happens

my old alt (just reinstalled my stock one this morning) was a rebuilt 165 amp (from 70) and it was complete shit. idling with no music or lights at low 12v when warm. alt responded super slow to any sort of load put on it. unless you get an overdrive pulley i would highly recommend you stay away from getting it rebuilt.

edit: just to give you a hint of what im talking about, on Muscle Cars (something with a fast bassline like that) or Like A G6, i could drop to 12.8v and STAY THERE because the alt is like WTF. with my stock alt i will stay at 14+v all day with those same songs.

Edited by Kranny

True, but what tests have been done to benchmark any performance increases in his alternators? What exactly is he doing to the stock unit? Casings...diodes....external regulators? I'm just curious what he is doing for $130 that's actually going to increase the performance

ima see all about it sometime this week like what he's doing and all but like i said iv heard nothing but good i mean all the audio shops around here told me to go to this guy because he knows what he's doing so ima let him do it and see what happens