I don't blow black smoke 24-7. If I'm driving normal, you will never know.

Now when I need the power, the blacksmoke rolls out.

How does that make diesels look bad?

You acting like making power is a bad thing. Thing about it, I can go from stock, to 20mpg economy tune, then to a 150 extra HP tune then back to stock tune in less than 2 seconds.

I can pull almost anything that's under the legal limit, haul 5 extra passengers, get 20mpg, haul stuff in my bed and still run 14.5 at the dragstrip. ;) Also, with 4x4 go mostly anywhere offroad. I smell win win win.

Because most people who see it dont like it and some who know that its just unburned fuel still wont like it because you're being inefficient. If you're blowing smoke you need more boost.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Expert? Not in the least, i'm just a farm boy.

They make smoke because thats what the consumer buys.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

blowing black smoke is just wasted unburnt fuel. most tuners just dump a ton of fuel in to make power

any way

my f150 on 32's

0823092011.jpg

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I didnt say it was less efficient than a gasser, I just said it is inefficient. It is inefficient because you could be adding more boost to get rid of the smoke and make more power. Some black is fine, but beyond a point its not worth the worry of burning your valves and turbo(s).

Yes, ag. Run about 5,000 acres with my boss, help my brother and dad with another 2-3,000. Do some custom stuff on the side, and drive super-b's around when there's barley/wheat/canola to go to town and i'm not busy fixing or building something in the shop.

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived