btw if you built that JL spec box and it was 8 feet external cubes. you have about a half cube in port displacement to make your woofers see 3.5 cubes each. Thats like next to nothing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Don't get upset that people are trying to help you. The fact is that your box is bad, and you could have a much better designed box.

You can only do so much with less than 500w clamped power, but a good box can help a lot.

Edit: For someone to have 20 years experience, they sure don't know what they're doing. I feel bad for people who have had to deal with him for 20 years.

You didnt answer my questions. how is a port different from a vent? and tell me how the woofer determines the amount of port? here ill answer them for you.

a port and a vent are the exact same thing. Different name for the same thing so there is your first bit of misinformation. And a woofer does not determine your port. Sure it plays a factor but its not the deciding factor. Please tell me why you can generally count on a starting point of 16 sq inches of port per cube for a ported box? Oh thats right because its not woofer dependent.

You have such an arrogance to your posts and you are not even correct. Sit back and read you just told three of us that we didnt know what we were tlaking about. Three of us who have done 150 plus in a daily driver and two who have done it in an f-150. We arent talking out our ass and dont be so butt hurt that your enclosure is not even optimal for your box. Im willing to bet that thing is extremely peaky.

A sub does play some factor. ie 10 w7 vs 10 w0. Port sizes would be different. I never said vent and port were different..just look different. My box is tuned at like 30 hz so peaky doesn't describe it. Not correcting people just replying to your comments.

Don't get upset that people are trying to help you. The fact is that your box is bad, and you could have a much better designed box.

You can only do so much with less than 500w clamped power, but a good box can help a lot.

Edit: For someone to have 20 years experience, they sure don't know what they're doing. I feel bad for people who have had to deal with him for 20 years.

Alright. I'll take one of my subs out so it can act as a port.lol That should help.

Thats not going to help either.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thats not going to help either.

Well I like the way it sounds. Everyone who has heard it likes it too. If its off a lil oh well I guess I wasted money on the box. It's L-vent and the dude told me he could mod that to get it right..idk

What you're not understanding is that a vent IS a port. Vent = port. It's too small.

I'm not the best at explaining box designs. Someone care to explain it in a way this guy can understand? We just want to help out, and you won't listen.

What you're not understanding is that a vent IS a port. Vent = port. It's too small.

I'm not the best at explaining box designs. Someone care to explain it in a way this guy can understand? We just want to help out, and you won't listen.

I get it man. They're the same. How would you recommend I fix the problem then?

Archived