This is my '99 F-150. I'm not rich but have spent my share on it with what I have to spare. I have 2 JL 15W3s and JL TR 570cxi wrapped around on a Sony HU. I am going to add more JL TR 650 CSi components. I'll put the drivers in the front doors and tweeters in the rear doors. I had a Term Lab done and it registered 138.6 DB under the dash. Definitely need an upgrade on the HU and an amp for the door speakers. I'm getting the Kenwood KDC-X794 to replace the 'ol Xplod. I'm very satisfied at the moment though.Car audio is an addiction so I want more like I'm sure everyone does. There are always improvements to make..unless your Steve!lol Here she is..

Enjoy! :popcorn:

Check out my 2nd topic post on this truck:*Ford F-150* (JL build) con't..

-You can see most of the exterior here. I smoked all the lights and just finished my rims last weekend along with the calipers and drums. The roll bars hold a lot of value to me because my dad made and painted them years ago.

IMG_0570-1.jpg

-I re-finished the grill to give it a little shine. Also re-finished the antenna. Front lights got smoked a lil dark but no problems yet. Another small improvement was getting the cloudy film off the head lights..took forever but did make a difference.

IMG_0571-1.jpg

-Rear lights smoked too. On the tail lights, I taped the reverse lights off which looks cool but also lets me see backing up! Chrome tailgate handle adds a lil shine.Nice job on the bars dad.lol Whips were a must.

IMG_0583-1.jpg

-Rims turned out great. This took almost 6 hrs to do! Wire brush, rough paper, fine paper, wet sand..the works. 1 primer coat, 2 black gloss, and 2 clear..

IMG_0572-1.jpg

-On to the system. Almost 8cuft box! 2 JL 15W3 in a chambered dual vented box I ordered custom all the way from Florida. I wanted this box to get SPL but had it tuned low to retain SQ. I mentioned it hit 138.6 DB under the dash but I wasn't aware it was tested from there. Check out the JL 15 W3. I want the port tested along with just sittin it on the dash. Hits....low!

IMG_0573-1.jpg

-Better picture of the subs. The box needed to be huge for these subs and I have a very limited amout of space.

IMG_0580-1.jpg

-Subs powered by a JL 500/1 amp..under-rated but leaves me feeling confident that I not overpowering the subs.

IMG_0581-1.jpg

-Driver's view shows that I retained a rear seat, luckily the seats fold separate. You obviously cannot see the door speakers but my next addition of speakers will be surface mountedw/grills. Also my big skull mirror.lol Don't like cloth so got covers that match my theme.

IMG_0582-1.jpg

-Closer view of the vents. I had a smaller sealed box but trashed it for this 100lb beauty. I had to order the grills separate from JL on back-order which took over a month to ship. I liked seeing the subs but the grills give it a sleek stealthy look..and protect them.

IMG_0574.jpg

-Here are the boxes the TRs came in. Take A look at the JL TR 570 CXi.

IMG_0588.jpg

-This was my original box. It's now going in my friends vehicle. We're starting his build log this weekend.

IMG_0605.jpg

-My new MTX TE404 I will be putting on my door speakers.

IMG_0612.jpg

-Here's the amp mounted. I just wanted to get it mounted and hooked up to some old speakers so I could get a feel for it. I will be making it much more presentable later.

IMG_0643.jpg

-Here is the display on the amp. Very cool and lots of settings.

IMG_0644.jpg

Put my new eXcelon in. The settings and adjustments are endless.

IMG_0651.jpg

I ran 3 sets of RCAs off my HU to both my amps. It's all hooked up and hidden now.

IMG_0652.jpg

Will post more soon..

*Thanks for looking*

-post a reply and let

me know what you think!

~if you really like it

mention it on SOTM. :good:

~Here is a link to my 2nd topic post on this truck..I have done a lot of work since so take a look:*Ford F-150* (JL build) con't..

Everything looks real good. One thing though, 8 cubes seems a little on the big side for W3 15s.

This box is just under 8cuft. JL asks for 3.5 cuft of free air in a vented box. With the vent and sub displacement it is right on the money. Tuned for these subs too..

Archived