01 Impala, dual 12" level 3 DC build

I had been using the Walmart Scosche 6ga wiring kit and decided I needed newer better wire, so I went ahead and ordered me some 40ft of 2ga. welding cable and terminals to make a positive and negative run

ef7ab325.jpg

a0844eae.jpg

f9e70c95.jpg

fe6ff535.jpg

Maybe not the best choice but I crimped my terminals to the wire and ran it through the side fender and into the cab through the door, also maybe not the best way :shrug: but I checked clearance and everything seems fine, no wire pinching or problems.

46c2c6e0.jpg

Comparison to old 6ga.

91d56ee7.jpg

cdc6e685.jpg

ae5d93c4.jpg

5ec8f1cd.jpg

I have this ~35x4 Kicker 4 channel amp that I've also been putting off on installing but I will soon.

And I think that's about it for now, I'll leave you all with this last pic, it might look messy where the amp but no one ever sees it or the seats are up

IMG_0765.jpg

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

And I guess I can post up a vid or two here:

Single sub setup

Dual sub setup

Also, the box has been painted white.

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

hairtrick on 2 12s??? wtf lol well done! which model hifonics amp is that? the 1600?

very nice overall! :clapping:

hairtrick on 2 12s??? wtf lol well done! which model hifonics amp is that? the 1600?

Thanks, and yes a bxi1606. factory refurb also. I dont plan on getting rid of this power house of an amp (to me at least) and forgot to mention that it's wired at a final impedance of 1 ohm a tenth or two higher is what it reads at the amp.

Also remeber it's not sealed off, deadened, nothing. Hopefully working on those little details will make it all the more better!

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png

Thanks, and yes a bxi1606. factory refurb also. I dont plan on getting rid of this power house of an amp (to me at least) and forgot to mention that it's wired at a final impedance of 1 ohm a tenth or two higher is what it reads at the amp.

Also remeber it's not sealed off, deadened, nothing. Hopefully working on those little details will make it all the more better!

It absolutely would! is it by chance louder with everything like your doors and trunk open?

It absolutely would! is it by chance louder with everything like your doors and trunk open?

Yes it is which is why I feel it would be better to seal off. Rear doors closed. Out of curiosity once while sitting in the car i hit the button to open the trunk, opened came back in and was blown away! Not a lot louder but noticeably.

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png

Archived