Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Thinking seriously about setting up a 5.25 center channel after the doors are done ... Anyone ever done this to a 97 chevy dash before ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Let me know how it turns out. I'm putting a couple 4" alpines in the center of my dash. Do you think that a single surce would produce a better center image? I'm glad you're not one of those competitors that think they are a cheat( center channels). I hear that all the time on diyma.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I don't consider a center channel cheating ... just not allowed in stock or modified classes (i think, got to go back and check the rule books) ... I'm in USACI Super Mod Classes, so just about anything is fair game ...

I don't pay much attention to DIYMA anyways ...

I havent heard a vehicle with 2 drivers used as a center channel, if I did, I didn't realise it ... Guess it would have to be one of those trial and error things, just be sure to test fit and test tune before permenant installation ...

Just a suggestion there bro ... :drink40:

I do know that the single 4 and the single 5.25 works great ... I'm just not sure how to wire the setup in to my system ... Guess I'm going to leave that up to my friends at Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio ... :drink40:

That way I can rest assured that its done correctly ...

First things First though ... I gots to get those door pannels done !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I don't consider a center channel cheating ... just not allowed in stock or modified classes (i think, got to go back and check the rule books) ... I'm in USACI Super Mod Classes, so just about anything is fair game ...

I don't pay much attention to DIYMA anyways ...

I havent heard a vehicle with 2 drivers used as a center channel, if I did, I didn't realise it ... Guess it would have to be one of those trial and error things, just be sure to test fit and test tune before permenant installation ...

Just a suggestion there bro ... :drink40:

I do know that the single 4 and the single 5.25 works great ... I'm just not sure how to wire the setup in to my system ... Guess I'm going to leave that up to my friends at Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio ... :drink40:

That way I can rest assured that its done correctly ...

First things First though ... I gots to get those door pannels done !!!

I will end up doing some testing. I wish I could find a way to make the speakers width adjustable within the total field (2-4") I have read alot of anecdotal info on centers.I hear people saying if you are using multiple drivers have them as close as possible with some sort of diffuser in between to prevent diffraction/lobing?. I plan on splitting a piece of pvc and molding that into whatever enclosure I build.

I was running into the same problem as far as powering them. That's why I decided to use two. Then I can feed them individual L/R signals like I would if they were in the doors.

Audicontrol has a great center channel processor/ amp but I haven't seen one in like ten yrs. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will end up doing some testing. I wish I could find a way to make the speakers width adjustable within the total field (2-4") I have read alot of anecdotal info on centers.I hear people saying if you are using multiple drivers have them as close as possible with some sort of diffuser in between to prevent diffraction/lobing?. I plan on splitting a piece of pvc and molding that into whatever enclosure I build.

I was running into the same problem as far as powering them. That's why I decided to use two. Then I can feed them individual L/R signals like I would if they were in the doors.

Audicontrol has a great center channel processor/ amp but I haven't seen one in like ten yrs. lol

Best of luck to ya bro ... Please let me know how this turns out ... :drink40:

them are some sick ass looking subs

Thank you sir ... Sorry for the late posting response ...

• 3 weeks later...

More Mississippi Boys!!!!

I love the build man. Very clean and well thought out. Really diggin' on the equipment and build. Gotta' love that super clean truck too.

I would love to hear this thing sometime. I couldn't get mine running for Scrapin' this year but I hope to make Siknic in Gonzalez, LA on the 26th/27th this month. You ever go to that one or plan on going? I think it is all SPL- no SQ.

Hit me up- True car audio fanatics are few and far between in this state- at least where I am.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 1 month later...

More Mississippi Boys!!!!

I love the build man. Very clean and well thought out. Really diggin' on the equipment and build. Gotta' love that super clean truck too.

I would love to hear this thing sometime. I couldn't get mine running for Scrapin' this year but I hope to make Siknic in Gonzalez, LA on the 26th/27th this month. You ever go to that one or plan on going? I think it is all SPL- no SQ.

Hit me up- True car audio fanatics are few and far between in this state- at least where I am.

Nice to meet you sir !!! And thank you for the comments !!! :drink40:

My next stop with this truck will be the USACI World Finals in Shreveport, La ... I really hope I can meet up with you !!!

thanks

Randal ...

Let me know how it turns out. I'm putting a couple 4" alpines in the center of my dash. Do you think that a single surce would produce a better center image? I'm glad you're not one of those competitors that think they are a cheat( center channels). I hear that all the time on diyma.

Ok sir ... This is what we come up with ...

26203464071_large.jpg

26203464074_large.jpg

26203464077_large.jpg

26203464075_large.jpg

Blues 5.25 in the center of the dash for a Center Channel ... And works like a charm !!! :drink40:

Not a finished product yet ... but WELL worth the work ...

Thank you Robert Rayfield for the hard work and wisdom with this task ... Your help was much appreciated once I got the dash out !!!

Archived