Sonic Electronix

i have my custom center console built... internal cuft should be right at 1.6cuft... had two precision power pcx104's in it, but orderd some fosgate p3d410's.... ummm when i built the box i used fosgates box calculator to help get the right cuft, cause at the time i planned on getting the p3's i didnt get em till now and the ppi's played damn good,... anyways, with the fosgates i kinda wanna try porting the box.... internal dementions are along the lines of 13.5 wide, 8 deep, like 30(ish long)..... can someone help me out fingerin some ports out? subs up ports out the back(in the bottom corners) i think would look the best, but how would it perform? input?

thanks doods

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

heres a pic of the box with the ppi's in it and when it was still carpet'd.... the back is flat. and has an arm rest that "hovers" over the subs....

2010-08-12133753.jpg

2010-09-08151045-1.jpg

**** just trying to be as loud as possible with what im workin with :)

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

If you are going ported, the subs will want a bigger box. Maybe around 3 cubes for 2 10"s, depends though.

yeah, and thats what i was worried about... really dont have room for 3cubes where the box is located... maybe ill just be happy with my SQ and worry about spl later in life. haha

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

yeah, and thats what i was worried about... really dont have room for 3cubes where the box is located... maybe ill just be happy with my SQ and worry about spl later in life. haha

That's the thing, SQ is completely different to just quieter bass.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

yeah, im excited to see how these p3's are gonna sound... my precision power flat piston 10's sounded GREAT and were accurate and played nice and low in that 1.6cuft... well for what they were... def impressed me specially for 50$ each bnib. . hopin thiese p3s are louder though.

ill worry more about spl in the future i guess.... i still needa amp for my mids and highs and a kick pannel comp set..

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

Archived